Help with Diff Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregorinho26

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 6s
Hi All. Can someone please suggest the best suited differential oil for regular maintenance on the plastic diffs on my Granite Mega 4x4. I am still running the stock 12T brushed motor and 14T pinion. 2S lipo battery. I am looking for a balanced oil....not too thick, not too thin. Thanks.

Hi All. Can someone please suggest the best suited differential oil for regular maintenance on the plastic diffs on my Granite Mega 4x4. I am still running the stock 12T brushed motor and 14T pinion. 2S lipo battery. I am looking for a balanced oil....not too thick, not too thin. Thanks.

I'm not expert and new to the Granite...I have the BLX. I just changed all my diffs and I did 10k for both. I'm not a basher, not jumping 15+ feet in air....I like the dirt roads, gravel, grassy, little hills get some air, etc. so I think this weight will work for me. Red & Tacty on the outer gear ring and input gears to make sure they are happy. Then watch my shocks make sure no leaks. Works for me...so I am sure others will chime in for weights for the front/back. I feel the Granite for me does not need to be this detailed compared to my Infraction on diff oil...but I do believe in regular maintenance to the entire rig.

You just need a dab of grease to keep the gears from running dry. You could simply coat them all with grease and assemble, or toss a dab in there and let it work it’s way around.

You just need a dab of grease to keep the gears from running dry. You could simply coat them all with grease and assemble, or toss a dab in there and let it work it’s way around.

I've been going ham on the grease. Use some silicon putty and greased up the outside of the diffs to keep the sand out. The sand cakes on the grease and creates a wall of sorts.

What type of grease? Or Oil? I have no idea what to buy and what weights or whatever?

What type of grease? Or Oil? I have no idea what to buy and what weights or whatever?
Any automotive grease is fine. Most prefer Lucas Red n Tacky or Mobil 1 grease. I’ve also used Silglide brake grease and that worked well too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back