Senton Help with esc relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W1cH0

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello I’m trying to relocate the esc to get better cooling but I’m not sure where is a better place, on top of servo or the other place? any thoughts? I’m placing it with double side tape

521059CD-3191-48C2-B507-4B6BD9FA2F7E.jpeg

7BB6D242-92F0-4BE8-AA51-F7FFBD506A8D.jpeg

Put it next to receiver box behind motor. Or if wires will reach other side of truck
But wouldn’t the heat of the motor affect it? I’m not sure how hot the servo gets I’m sure it’s way less than the motor, also I believe in top of the servo will pass more air but still not sure

Cooling shouldnt be a concern on the mega line unless you changed the pinion to a larger tooth count... I personally would mount it down in the tub like stated above...I hate the receiver box mount points...

Get a heatsink and fan for the motor. Keep the motor cooler will help the esc stay cooler and help save the motor from burning up. The esc heats up because the motor runs hot.

Cooling shouldnt be a concern on the mega line unless you changed the pinion to a larger tooth count... I personally would mount it down in the tub like stated above...I hate the receiver box mount points...
Yeah I know but I’m having issues with overheat it shuts down every time I use it ?
Get a heatsink and fan for the motor. Keep the motor cooler will help the esc stay cooler and help save the motor from burning up. The esc heats up because the motor runs hot.

yeah I’m looking for one on eBay but this would be a temporary solution to try and get a few extra minutes before it shuts down for overheat

Yeah I know but I’m having issues with overheat it shuts down every time I use it ?

yeah I’m looking for one on eBay but this would be a temporary solution to try and get a few extra minutes before it shuts down for overheat

? that's crazy, how long does it run before it shuts down? The factory battery only lasts about 5min..

? that's crazy, how long does it run before it shuts down? The factory battery only lasts about 5min..
I have two batteries at this point the original 8.4v and another one same capacity 2,400 mah 7.2 that came with a fast charger, the og one last about 10 minutes and other one last about 12-15 minutes but with the original one it shuts down about 8 minutes run, the 7.2 battery is almost empty when I charge it back up but the original one always have some juice left I there, weird thing is it’s all stock gearing I haven’t change anything, I’m worried about cooling because I ordered a 4,200 mag 8.4v battery and it should be here in two days

Have you checked all the drivetrain to make sure there is no binding, and all is running freely?

Could be bearings or drivetrain as stated. Bearings failing will really heat things up

Have you checked all the drivetrain to make sure there is no binding, and all is running freely?
Yeah I actually cleaned and lubed all 8 bearings in the wheels, I haven’t checked the bearings located inside the differentials but i don’t think those ones need as much maintenance, the ones connecting the slipper clutch and both differentials on the outside are fine as well, I blow the engine up with compressed air after a couple of bash sessions as well to make sure it’s clean and put some 3in1 oil in the engine bearings
Do you have the jumper set to NiMH for the OG one?
Yep is on NiMh both batteries are NiMh including the bigger one that is on the way

But wouldn’t the heat of the motor affect it? I’m not sure how hot the servo gets I’m sure it’s way less than the motor, also I believe in top of the servo will pass more air but still not sure
Get a fan with a holder

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back