Help with firma 130 amp esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexworkman

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help.
i have a spektrum firma 130 amp esc. It turns off the moment you give throttle. I was running it in a parking lot and it just shut off. I open it up to discover that everything was properly connected. I turned it back on and the steering works properly but the moment you give throttle input it just shuts off. I reset the esc and recalibrated it and it still does the same thing. I check the battery connections and voltages put a fresh pack in and the same issue still persists.
i will attach a video shortly. Thank you in advance.

Hmm... It sounds like you already checked all the obvious stuff relating to the battery, but just out of curiosity, what type of LiPo(s) did you hook it up to? And with what type of connector?

Does it always turn back on again right away when you press the power button, or do you have to dis- and reconnect things? And did you perhaps also try jiggling the power cables and connectors a bit before turning it back on, just to see if that might restore power back to the ESC by itself?

The video would probably help people much more knowledgeable than myself with diagnosing the problem, so it'd be really useful if you could attach that, yeah!

Hmm... It sounds like you already checked all the obvious stuff relating to the battery, but just out of curiosity, what type of LiPo(s) did you hook it up to? And with what type of connector?

Does it always turn back on again right away when you press the power button, or do you have to dis- and reconnect things? And did you perhaps also try jiggling the power cables and connectors a bit before turning it back on, just to see if that might restore power back to the ESC by itself?

The video would probably help people much more knowledgeable than myself with diagnosing the problem, so it'd be really useful if you could attach that, yeah!

Hi Sphexish
I have spectrum “smart” 5000 50c 3s with ic5. It turns right back on with the power button. I am new here trying to figure out how to post the video. I am in the process of looking it up. Thanks for the quick reply.

Sounds like your signal wire to the receiver from the ESC is damaged. Either that or the receiver itself has issues.

Hi After further investigating i found that
- Reverse works fine
- I switched the servo and the esc in the transmitter ports and it still does the same thing
- I can get the forward to work slowly with very little input but the moment that you pull the trigger the esc turns off.
- I verified the wires for visible damage and found nothing and the connections look fine and are tight in the connecters

What i don't understand is that the car has had no modifications recently and have gone through several packs since i last played with something and all of a sudden while running the car it just shuts off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back