Granite Help with gearing. 3s Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CptnPewPew

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Ok, so far I recently upgraded my brushed motor granite to a brushless system with a 3652 hobbywing motor and a 10BL60 ESC. I also replaced the input gear with the hybrid metal/plastic 13T one and the diff hearing with the 37T I think. I just recently started running a 3S battery for the first time and I feel like I am spinning a gear when at 100% power, what should I be adjusting? Do I need a different pinion gear on the motor? I think I have a standard 14T on the motor, not certain. I also smell a little burning plastic, not horribly and may be normal ish but wanted another opinion. Still learning a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_20191101_172645.jpg
    IMG_20191101_172645.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20191010_171914.jpg
    IMG_20191010_171914.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20191010_190826.jpg
    IMG_20191010_190826.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20191010_171554.jpg
    IMG_20191010_171554.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20191010_171911.jpg
    IMG_20191010_171911.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 40
Your slipper clutch is slipping. Tighten it a little bit at a time until you get it dialed in.

Thank you! I will try that. That's just that red plastic bolt that presses it against the gear right?
If you still have the Mega slipper and have brushless 3S power, it’s not gonna hold up long. I would highly recommend getting the fully assembled 4S slipper. It has 4 pads and is built to take the power.

If you still have the Mega slipper and have brushless 3S power, it’s not gonna hold up long. I would highly recommend getting the fully assembled 4S slipper. It has 4 pads and is built to take the power.

Sweet, I will look at that! Thank you.

Update, Got the 4s slipper clutch and my Granite officially does wheelies down the road on 3s all day long.

Accidentally did a few standing backflip/rolls at first.

Update, Got the 4s slipper clutch and my Granite officially does wheelies down the road on 3s all day long.

Accidentally did a few standing backflip/rolls at first.
It might be a tad tight then. I would loosen it 1/4 turn as you will start popping u-joints in driveshafts if you keep it this tight.

I didn't know there was a way to tighten or loosen the new slipper clutch, I will have to take it apart and take a look. The old one was just the red plastic nut.....new one is completely different.

I didn't know there was a way to tighten or loosen the new slipper clutch, I will have to take it apart and take a look. The old one was just the red plastic nut.....new one is completely different.

There is a bolt with a 2mm head inside behind the red spline piece pull the spline piece out and turn the bolt to tighten or loosen the slipper.

There is a bolt with a 2mm head inside behind the red spline piece pull the spline piece out and turn the bolt to tighten or loosen the slipper.
You actually don’t have to pull the red spline out either, just the center driveshaft. Stick the 2mm hex driver thru the center of the red spline and tune the bolt while holding the rear tires in place. Loose it 1/4 turn, replace the driveshaft and try running again.

Ok, so far I recently upgraded my brushed motor granite to a brushless system with a 3652 hobbywing motor and a 10BL60 ESC. I also replaced the input gear with the hybrid metal/plastic 13T one and the diff hearing with the 37T I think. I just recently started running a 3S battery for the first time and I feel like I am spinning a gear when at 100% power, what should I be adjusting? Do I need a different pinion gear on the motor? I think I have a standard 14T on the motor, not certain. I also smell a little burning plastic, not horribly and may be normal ish but wanted another opinion. Still learning a lot.
I would go to JennysRC and buy a 3S slipper clutch assembly. They are about $45 and well worth it. I could be wrong but I don’t think the brushed slipper clutch would be good for a 3S brushless system. There’s not much to it. Your problem would be solved

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back