Help with IR readings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I wanted to check the IR on my batteries because there was a time I charged them all up and let them sit for about 3.5 weeks fully charged and I wanted to know if it damaged them.

What do you guys think of these numbers?

Every charge has been a balance charge and they have been put on storage time every single time before and after that 3.5 weeks.

These batteries are about a year old other than the last two. They are like 6 years old.

I used a Tenergy IR checker to check these and from what I have read the cheap versions usually show the first cell higher than the others which is what I have seen here.

I don’t see any puffing on any of these.

The 2S and 3S batteries run as a pair all the time but the 3S’s run deprecate when I run my Granite but I rotate them.

Lectron Pro 6S 5200mah 50C
8ohm
2ohm
2ohm
2ohm
2ohm
5ohm

Power Hobby 4S 5200mah 50C
8ohm
2ohm
2ohm
6ohm

Lectron Pro 2S 7600mah 75C (Green Stripe)
9ohm
5ohm

Lectron Pro 3S 7600mah 75C (Green Stripe)
5ohm
2ohm
4ohm

Lectron Pro 2S 7600mah 75C
9ohm
5ohm

Lectron Pro 3S 7600mah 75C
9ohm
2ohm
2ohm

Eflite 3S 1000mah 20C
13ohm
7ohm
7ohm

Kinexis 2S 1000mah 30C
2ohm
19ohm

I know this is an old thread, but I bought the tenergy 5 in 1 meter and similar to yours my first cell reading was high on every battery. I've requested a refund on eBay, and at the same time purchased a new one. I'm going to rerun the check. Every time I would unplug and retest the battery the IR in the first cell would go higher. These cheap little battery testers can sometimes give bogus readings, so I tend to test with two or three different meters to see if it's the battery, or one of my meters is faulty. I guess for the IR check the same practice should be done. For my next battery charger I'm going to get one with the IR function.

I know this is an old thread, but I bought the tenergy 5 in 1 meter and similar to yours my first cell reading was high on every battery. I've requested a refund on eBay, and at the same time purchased a new one. I'm going to rerun the check. Every time I would unplug and retest the battery the IR in the first cell would go higher. These cheap little battery testers can sometimes give bogus readings, so I tend to test with two or three different meters to see if it's the battery, or one of my meters is faulty. I guess for the IR check the same practice should be done. For my next battery charger I'm going to get one with the IR function.

Trust me when I tell you this but the new one will do the exact same thing ?
Just use the initial readings as your baseline and as long as they don't suddenly shoot up you should be good.

Just use the initial readings as your baseline and as long as they don't suddenly shoot up you should be good.
How about this... what if I just use the meter as many times as it takes to get the readings I want. So long as I only use the battery after that last reading I should be okay right?......

How about this... what if I just use the meter as many times as it takes to get the readings I want. So long as I only use the battery after that last reading I should be okay right?......
Yup! Just make sure you don’t run after it says 125ohms on every cell... keep going till it says 0 or 1 ?

My batteries are all about 2 years old, but charge, discharge, and balance just fine. Just ordered the SkyRc Q200 charger which also has the IR checker. I'll Benchmark using both of them. At least with a charger, I'll have a bit more confidence in the Integrity of the electronics measuring the IR.

My batteries are all about 2 years old, but charge, discharge, and balance just fine. Just ordered the SkyRc Q200 charger which also has the IR checker. I'll Benchmark using both of them. At least with a charger, I'll have a bit more confidence in the Integrity of the electronics measuring the IR.
Just to kick this dead horse one more time...... I tried two of those tennergy meters on a 2s 80/10 micro ohms on the first unit, and 40/10 on the second unit.

For the SkyRC key 200 Quattro I just got, 4/4 micro ohms. The tenergy would tell you the batteries done for. The Quattro says "all good".

Tenergy sucks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back