Help with my Fazon. Front wheels not working sorta..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinTurbo95

Reaction score
Hey guys, 1year owner of a Fazon and over all it's been a great and tough truck. Replacing driveshafts here and there is about the extend of my repairs. I was bashing real hard yesterday and something happened and I only now have RWD, sorta. The fronts do spin a little bit, just a little when I pick up the truck. Now when all diff's are open the truck will barely move, kinda sounds like the slipper clutch is just spinning. In any of the other drive modes, it's basically just a RWD truck and seems to have full power. Quick visual doesn't show anything broke, etc...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think it could be the slipper. I tighten it down all the way and still hardly any movement from the truck. It must be slap worn out. I am running Pro-Line Trencher X 3.8"s. I'm sure those have put way more strain on the drivetrain...

Hey guys, 1year owner of a Fazon and over all it's been a great and tough truck. Replacing driveshafts here and there is about the extend of my repairs. I was bashing real hard yesterday and something happened and I only now have RWD, sorta. The fronts do spin a little bit, just a little when I pick up the truck. Now when all diff's are open the truck will barely move, kinda sounds like the slipper clutch is just spinning. In any of the other drive modes, it's basically just a RWD truck and seems to have full power. Quick visual doesn't show anything broke, etc...

Thanks

I am having the exact same problem but in the rear, I think I have a problem in the rear diff. I had to take out all of my diff servos because they went bad, so I can't even lock the center. Whenever I use the throttle, it almost feels like my pinion is slipping free front he motor shaft. I am, however, running stock rim's and tires. How did you resolve the problem? Or is it still not resolved?

Both your problems might be in the center diff. I think the slipper affects how the entire drivetrain performs if it's going bad and not just the front or rear.

Thanks
Sorry, just looked at the date of the thread. I didn't join the forum until recently.

Both your problems might be in the center diff. I think the slipper affects how the entire drivetrain performs if it's going bad and not just the front or rear.

Sorry, just looked at the date of the thread. I didn't join the forum until recently.

Ok, thanks, I just opened the spur gear and slipper off and there is some black metal build up in between. Should I just clean it or replace everythin?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back