Help with my granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddy-O

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Ok so I got a granite for my first RC. It has been awesome but having a issue now.. if I hold it the wheels turn but when I set it down it just clicks but won't move??? I am curious if I should send it in for warranty or just find problem and fix myself maybe trade motor out for brush less and swap a gear out??? Ideas, thoughts, suggestions???

I would say the servo saver is loose. Take the servo out and tighten it up.
..... Ok I'm very new to the RC world. I am very mechanically inclined but I'm not sure what you are talking about.. I wish I could find a parts list so I know what is what... I will Google what you said and see if it will learn me something lol thanks

You can find the manual on Arrma’s website and Woodie posted a tuning guide in the build log forum. Pretty sure they both go over adjusting the servo saver. The manual also has a parts diagram.

It could also be a stripped servo. If so, it will just need a new gear set unless you want to upgrade to something more durable.

Are you talking about the front wheels turning, or the rear wheels?

If the front wheels, then check the SS and / or replace the servo.

If it is the rear wheels, you probably either stripped a gear, or a wheel hex. When you set it on the ground, and give it throttle, do either of the outdrive / axles spin? If yes, the hex on that wheel is stripped. If no, then something inside the transmission is broke. Take the gear cover off (the one that covers the pinion/spur) Again, throttle, and watch the spur. Does the spur spin? Does the slipper shaft spin? If yes, then it is inside the gearbox, probably a stripped idler gear.

Ok so I got a granite for my first RC. It has been awesome but having a issue now.. if I hold it the wheels turn but when I set it down it just clicks but won't move??? I am curious if I should send it in for warranty or just find problem and fix myself maybe trade motor out for brush less and swap a gear out??? Ideas, thoughts, suggestions???

And to this question - if you want to stay in the hobby past your first really cool crash, then yeah, you need to learn to fix them... LOL

Lucky, these cars are not hard to fix. Sometimes frustrating, but get some good tools, the manual with exploded diagram, and start turning screws!

you can do it.jpg

Are you talking about the front wheels turning, or the rear wheels?

If the front wheels, then check the SS and / or replace the servo.

If it is the rear wheels, you probably either stripped a gear, or a wheel hex. When you set it on the ground, and give it throttle, do either of the outdrive / axles spin? If yes, the hex on that wheel is stripped. If no, then something inside the transmission is broke. Take the gear cover off (the one that covers the pinion/spur) Again, throttle, and watch the spur. Does the spur spin? Does the slipper shaft spin? If yes, then it is inside the gearbox, probably a stripped idler gear.
Yes it's the rear wheels. If I'm holding it the wheels turn when I set it on the ground I just hear clicking see nothing turning

And to this question - if you want to stay in the hobby past your first really cool crash, then yeah, you need to learn to fix them... LOL

Lucky, these cars are not hard to fix. Sometimes frustrating, but get some good tools, the manual with exploded diagram, and start turning screws!

View attachment 20102
Lol thanks I have finally found the exploded view. Plan on tearing into it this weekend..

Good luck man you will do fine. Just keep the parts with their screws when they come out or remove a part and thread the screws back into their hole to keep them together and it will make reassembly a piece of cake.

Also, if you are able, go to your LHS or order some good tools, specifically hex drivers. I recommend MIP but there are others. This will make it so much easier.

"Pro tip" - go to walmart fishing dept, and buy one of those flat, clear tackle trays with a bunch of adjustable compartments. As you tear the truck apart, put the screws and small parts from one step into one section. Next step parts got into section 2, etc. This way nothing gets lost, and you won't mix up screws that are almost the same as the ones in the step before.

Ok so I have started the tear down process on the granite voltage, I have it practically dismantled but can't seem to get the plastic frame to separate.. I'm not seeing anymore screws???? Is there a video or exploded view that shows disassembly...

Ok so I have started the tear down process on the granite voltage, I have it practically dismantled but can't seem to get the plastic frame to separate.. I'm not seeing anymore screws???? Is there a video or exploded view that shows disassembly...

Where are you at with the tear down? Take a pic if you need more advice.

Trying to separate the plastic frame to allow me access to the two spur gears... I have removed 3 screws " all I can find" but it still seems to be secured some place..

Attachments

• IMG_20180707_100917.jpg
    IMG_20180707_100917.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 58
Trying to separate the plastic frame to allow me access to the two spur gears... I have removed 3 screws " all I can find" but it still seems to be secured some place..
Do I need to remove the motor?? It appears that it would slide through with the other half

Do I need to remove the motor?? It appears that it would slide through with the other half
Okay, I see the shell splits in half then, right? Did you check the bottom? There looks to be a brace AR320384 with screws AR736316? You might also need to take off the big spur gear that was under that one cover.

Okay, I see the shell splits in half then, right? Did you check the bottom? There looks to be a brace AR320384 with screws AR736316? You might also need to take off the big spur gear that was under that one cover.
Just removed the large gear and yes have removed both braces from the bottom... ?? Still seems secured. Would pry on it but don't want to do any internal damage

Ok I got it apart and this gear with the axle spurs sticking out seems to be the culprit. My question now is, can the spurs come loose or something internal bad and it needs to be replaced...?? Also since I have it completely disassembled.. I have seen some people has changed the pinion gear to 19 teeth is this feasible and if so which one is the pinion gear??? Lol sorry noon question. I will have a ton of them

Attachments

• IMG_20180707_110131.jpg
    IMG_20180707_110131.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 45
Ok I got it apart and this gear with the axle spurs sticking out seems to be the culprit. My question now is, can the spurs come loose or something internal bad and it needs to be replaced...?? Also since I have it completely disassembled.. I have seen some people has changed the pinion gear to 19 teeth is this feasible and if so which one is the pinion gear??? Lol sorry noon question. I will have a ton of them
Ok last question on this... I am curious how to tell if this piece is indeed bad. I can hold both spurs and turn each one separately...if I hold them both and turn the big gear it will turn one spur in my fingers

That assembly is the diff, or differential. The "Spurs" are the outdrives - if you hold the big gear, and spin one outdrive, the other should spin the opposite direction. If the other spins the same direction, or not at all, or if you can't turn the outdrive by hand, then something inside is broken.

That assembly is the diff, or differential. The "Spurs" are the outdrives - if you hold the big gear, and spin one outdrive, the other should spin the opposite direction. If the other spins the same direction, or not at all, or if you can't turn the outdrive by hand, then something inside is broken.
Thanks so much. I can get one ordered now and get it back to running

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back