Help with new Kraton 8s, not straight!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkyenergy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Got my new Kraton 8S today, and out of the box it drives quite a lot to the right.. had to ajust the trim a lot (see image)
Also, if I put the left tire in line with the back tire, the the right veers a lot to the right.. Is this normal soo much on a ready to roll car that is suposed to be finished?

I also noticed that it steers a bit more to the right than to the left in the end positions..

How would the PROPER position of the front wheels be? thanks for any help!

best regards

Igor

Attachments

• photo_2020-05-20_19-31-43.jpg
    photo_2020-05-20_19-31-43.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 67
  • photo_2020-05-20_19-31-48.jpg
    photo_2020-05-20_19-31-48.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 60
  • photo_2020-05-20_19-36-19.jpg
    photo_2020-05-20_19-36-19.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 52
thanks @jondilly1974 !does it mean it has to stay like that? or am I suposed to fix it somehow? it looks like a lot toe to me.. its about 5/8 deg.. and what about the huge compensation on the rx? should i make the Joint from the Servo to the steering shorter to compensate mechanically?

Last edited:
thanks @jondilly1974 !does it mean it has to stay like that? or am I suposed to fix it somehow? and what about the huge compensation on the rx? should i make the Joint from the Servo to the steering shorter to compensate mechanically?
You have to adjust the turnbuckles yourself, best thing to do is center the steering trim and adjust the turnbuckles until the wheels point slightly outward 1-3* or as close as you can get to that, you want the wheels to have a slight toe out as it actually makes it handle better than having the wheels pointing straight.
The car should look something like this when you are done.
rc-tuning-toe-in-toe-out.jpg

Thank you! uhm.. the steering buckle starting from the servo is already as short as it can get.. would need it even shorter to compensate the steering.. is there somewhere else where it can be adjusted?

Thank you! uhm.. the steering buckle starting from the servo is already as short as it can get.. would need it even shorter to compensate the steering.. is there somewhere else where it can be adjusted?

Doesn't the stock TX have end point adjustments? I never tried mine, went straight into the trash can.

FYI, you want front tow out and rear tow in. Front tow out will help you in corners- less traction roll (so long as your camber is set right too, -2 degree is where I start) and rear tow in helps make it track straight under acceleration.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back