Senton Help with parts list for the Senton!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gal

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
So the Senton (Green one) is my first RC.
I live in Israel and most accessories and parts here are either hard to get, not available or just really expensive. For instance.. a 5000mah 4s 35C battery will cost here around 140$. Now, I'm going on a business trip to the US in May and want to make some shopping list for the car and order everything to the hotel.
I'm new to all of this and not looking for ESC upgrades , motor upgrades etc..
I'm looking to buy stuff that will most likely break or get destroyed.
I was thinking:
- 6S\4S batteries with ~6000mah and >50C rating.
- Better charger? I have a China one which does the job without any issues but maybe a good one is better to have.
- T-Bone bumpers and A-arms protectors.
- Original front A-arms replacement.
-Glue of tires (not sure which, help me with this one)
-Loctite glue for screws (Also, which one?)
-Tires\ wheels .. maybe Duratrax Buggy tires C2? Maybe just another set of the originals.
-Something for broken body plastic?

I don't know... It's my first RC, please help me create some essential parts\tools list to have as long as I'm in the states.

Thank you very much!!

- 6S\4S batteries with ~6000mah and >50C rating.
Just make sure your 6000mah battery will fit the senton's battery case dimensions. yes >50C would be nice!

- Better charger? I have a China one which does the job without any issues but maybe a good one is better to have.
As long as your current charger can charge at 1C the you're ok. A hi-tech charger can be set to charge faster than that , but you risk decreasing the life of your battery that way. So even with a hi-tech computerized charger with LED display, you should still charge your battery at a 1C rate. so a crappy charger or hi-tech charger will be taking the same time to charge your battery. A nice thing about the newer computerized charger is that the user interface is much more friendly, and you're not stuck with 1 or 2 buttons, and a bunch of cryptic beeps to guide you while programming 40 functions!

- T-Bone bumpers and A-arms protectors.
- Original front A-arms replacement.

I haven't bashed my senton long enough to know if these are a weak point.

-Glue of tires (not sure which, help me with this one)
Super glue composed primarily of Cyano-acrylate is good.

-Loctite glue for screws (Also, which one?)
Loctite blue 242

-Tires\ wheels .. maybe Duratrax Buggy tires C2? Maybe just another set of the originals.
I heard that the originals may rip off of the rim due to excessive senton power. The used senton i bought came with 1/8 sized Proline Badlands on solid white rims. The 1/8 size looks kind of silly, and the solid white rims boring. I prefer the scale look of 1/10 sized truck tires and rims with some type of spokes. But you can buy these prolines , or even knockoffs on ebay that come preglued to wheels.

Also take a look at "17mm covered wheel nuts"...relatively inexpensive ebay purchase to keep mud out of the wheel hub, which contains a set screw inside the hole.

Consider getting a spare set of bearings.
One day you will take apart the Senton to replace some bearings, and you'll be fighting with some of the loctited screws. take care not to strip them. otherwise you will need to use a dremel tool to cut a slot in the hex screw head and use a slot screwdriver to remove it. this may damage some plastic parts as the problem screws may be recessed into the plastic parts.

Also consider getting some type of dust cover for all the internals. the senton likes to chew up terrain but doesn't like to spit it out! and having a cover will avoid having to clean dirt from all the hard to reach corners between the chassis electronics.

Also, my stock servo horn screw seems to be loctite welded to the stock servo, So if i want to change the servo, I'll need to get a new aluminum servo horn. you might want to keep a spare no-name brand one on hand in case you want to change your servo down the line.

Do a search for senton steering link bearing upgrade, theres 4 small bearings you can get to replace the steering bushings with.

There's also a mod called the "bulletproof diff mod" for arrma 1/8 vehicles. This requires some off the shelf shims, and some 2.2mm drill bits that you have to cut to size yourself. Could be a fun upgrade project if you're bored.

good luck on stocking up on parts!

Last edited:
@chevys10zr2003
Thats an excellent profile pic, really put the senton through its trials! Can i ask what tire and rim combo you are using? the tires look agressive like proline badlands or Duratrax lockups. and i cant tell what the rims are.

@chevys10zr2003
Thats an excellent profile pic, really put the senton through its trials! Can i ask what tire and rim combo you are using? the tires look agressive like proline badlands or Duratrax lockups. and i cant tell what the rims are.
Thanks! They are proline badland tires mounted on the proline split six rims for a 1/8 buggy. They really throw a lot of stuff inside the chassis and body, as you can see from the picture. With the mud that got thrown in my Senton it weighed more than my HPI Baja 5B SS (23 pounds?) and stopped moving all together. I have since put these rims and tires on my Typhon and put proline trenchers on my Senton.

List looks good as well as the suggested parts. There is one thing you need to check on before getting batteries.................assuming you are flying..............check the rules and regulations on Lipo battery restrictions on the SPECIFIC airline you will be flying. I'd hate to see you get some good batteries and be told you cannot take them with you on the plane due to a regulation.

Thank you all, especially exwhyzed for the very detailed answer.
Howdy2u2, yes I will check it before. El Al for example lets you take 2 batteries with you, as long as they are in the original package , in different bags, in handbag and <160 Wh so I should be fine..I'll have to check with all the connections.
I'm sorry for not responding sooner , I'm moving to a new apartment and it is very time consuming.
I'll update the thread when I have more ideas and a final list.

+Orange springs (Tekno) for better ground clearance.

I put both front and back T-Bones on with the Duratrac lock up buggy tires.

Attachments

• BB1683E7-55E1-4E8A-8D22-465564E14816.jpeg
    BB1683E7-55E1-4E8A-8D22-465564E14816.jpeg
    339 KB · Views: 51
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back