help with punch level

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am running two 3s Lectron pro 7100 mah 75c batteries. With the stock 12t pinion gear I am only able to reach a top speed of 35mph with fully charged batteries on level asphalt.
Lower tooth count spur= more speed / higher tooth count pinion= more speed/ higher tooth count spur= more acceleration/ lower tooth count pinion = more acceleration... I am running 2s 5200mah 50c battery with a 17t pinion and 57t spur and am hitting 37 mph on concrete( definitely not flat concrete btw)

I am running two 3s Lectron pro 7100 mah 75c batteries. With the stock 12t pinion gear I am only able to reach a top speed of 35mph with fully charged batteries on level asphalt.
Lower tooth count spur= more speed / higher tooth count pinion= more speed/ higher tooth count spur= more acceleration/ lower tooth count pinion = more acceleration... I am running 2s 5200mah 50c battery with a 17t pinion and 57t spur and am hitting 37 mph on concrete( definitely not flat concrete btw)

Don't know whether my issue is punch setting related but here I go with my first ever post.

I am a new Kraton owner and haven't yet been driving with it outside but only once.

However when configuring the endpoints I noticed a thing I am not sure whether it is a feature or something that is not meant to be like this.

When moving the transmitter trigger slowly to the brake side the led at the receiver on the car lights up. But the motor is not running. When pressing the brake more from the transmitter the motor starts running and it runs quite fast. When returning the trigger back to neutral and then again brake gently the motor spins up almost right away when the led at the receiver has lit up. And at this time the motor does not spin so fast.

So it seems that the reverse function does function identically each time but instead sometimes more trigger pushing towards braking side is needed for the motor to start reverse and at those occasions the motor starts spinning more rapidly because the trigger is pushed more so it is further away from the neutral position.

Punch setting is the default, I checked, it is 4.

When pulling the trigger to make the motor spins to forward direction so that the trigger is always at the same position.

I have configured the endpoints and I have configured the full throttle, neutral and full reverse positions into the ESC

So I am always able to drive forward very slowly. But I am sometimes not able to reverse slowly.
Sometimes you need to reset variables and reset transmitter. I have a kraton 6s v5 and a notorious 6s v4 and was told once in awhile you have to recalibrate all. And you really have to hit full brake to get it to go in reverse. After being told that I recalibrated and didn't expect reverse to work that good and was drifting in the parking lot after work and hit reverse and it took off in reverse and hit a coworker in the shin. Oops.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back