Senton Help with Servo Aligment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W1cH0

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello! I bought a Arrma Senton 4x4 Mega last week and its been amazing but im having a problem with the steering trim I have to adjust it too much im trying to align it wit the trim on center and the car on but it doesn't align, this is everything stock and has less than 5 use, what can I do to align or is this the way its meant to be? thanks for the help!!

in this picture u can see the ST Trim is in the middle
IMG_5610.PNG

here you can see that the servo arm doesn't align with the connector
IMG_5611.PNG

here they're align but the steering isn't straight as you can see in the next photo
IMG_5612.PNG
IMG_5613.PNG

here again the tires are straight but the servo doesn't align what can I do?
IMG_5615.PNG

When you say doesn't align you mean the servo horn being center when the wheels are straight?

exactly! this is the amount of trim I had to do to keep the car going straight during acceleration
IMG_5600.JPG

in order to be able to screw it back together the tires aren't straight again im not sure what can I do to make it as straight as possible

Last edited:
Oh ok lol well in that case.. it is a non adjustable steering other then the trim.....so.....
1. Remove servo horn
2. Power on vehicle
3. Set trim to middle
4. While still on due your best to reinstall servo horn in where ever you see fit position while keep wheels as straight as possible.
5. Power off then on turn steering left to right inspecting for and binding and full movement. Lift and drop front a couple times then check alignment. It won't be perfect but it wont be that far off. Good luck

@Lovestricken is right... follow his instructions. If done correctly, the ST Trim at the radio should be at or near neutral. A final minor trim is normal. And should not be excessive.

It's possible the servo saver is not centered.. on the 3s line if you pull out the servo and rx box module and flip it over you will see there is a mark on the saver itself and the module plastic to line up the servo saver arm centered... as @Lovestricken said power on.. center the trim, make sure those marks align.. if they do not remove the servo saver and line them up when reinstalling.. you may have to still add a bit of trim to get them lined up...

Install module.. put the screw that you took out back in and check the alignment.. if it's off you will need to adjust the tierods until it's where you want it.. some prefer toe out, some toe in, I prefer dead ahead.. 0 toe.. while throttling they will toe in a touch at 0 because of the slop in everything..so keep that in mind..

It's possible the servo saver is not centered.. on the 3s line if you pull out the servo and rx box module and flip it over you will see there is a mark on the saver itself and the module plastic to line up the servo saver arm centered... as @Lovestricken said power on.. center the trim, make sure those marks align.. if they do not remove the servo saver and line them up when reinstalling.. you may have to still add a bit of trim to get them lined up...

Install module.. put the screw that you took out back in and check the alignment.. if it's off you will need to adjust the tierods until it's where you want it.. some prefer toe out, some toe in, I prefer dead ahead.. 0 toe.. while throttling they will toe in a touch at 0 because of the slop in everything..so keep that in mind..

ok! ill try this, I already have the Electronics Module off the chasis but im waiting for the battery to charge, its been a while and it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes ill update, thanks for the help guys

No we want an update now lol
A little word to the wise... it's a bashing rig that alignment isn't going to stay put. I have to adjust mine every couple weeks. By adjusting I don't mean servo. The little parts wear out. All the linkages that connect everything. So when you get to the point where you find yourself chasing your trim start changing those.

No we want an update now lol
A little word to the wise... it's a bashing rig that alignment isn't going to stay put. I have to adjust mine every couple weeks. By adjusting I don't mean servo. The little parts wear out. All the linkages that connect everything. So when you get to the point where you find yourself chasing your trim start changing those.
well you'll see I bought with the idea of bashing it but I haven't been hard on it just driving it on loose dirt doing some drift I haven't even jump it! I don't know I don't want to destroy it lol but yeah ill look for parts to wear out, I already check the bearings of the wheels and even to they spin rater freely they might need a cleaning and re oil on a month or so also checked the spur gear bearing today, the motor and sniper clutch enclosure was getting some dirt and I clean them out the mesh seems ok from the factory but I haven't touch any adjustment on the slipper im kinda scare to leave it too tight or too loose

Experiment they are cheap parts. You will know when it is slipping. Just don't wait when it is slipping. I keep all mine on the tighter end. Last longer... I'm not trying to break acceleration records lol. Give it time she will be airborne lol

First make surr your screw is not fully tight agaist the nut from your pictires. When i remplaced my arrma servo saver by a budget one i saw that the stock servo saver had bit of play

Experiment they are cheap parts. You will know when it is slipping. Just don't wait when it is slipping. I keep all mine on the tighter end. Last longer... I'm not trying to break acceleration records lol. Give it time she will be airborne lol
So when it’s slipping it’s slower on acceleration? Two problems for me
One: I’m not in the us so even to they are cheap parts it would take like a month to get my spare parts at my home
Second: I’m not sure how much I should tight it, half tire turn? I’m not sure

Small turns for 1. don't go crazy with it.. every driving style is different I beat mine hard...... hmm that doesn't sound right lol... anyway. I would maybe turn it 1/8 turn every 10 packs or so.. it will be different for everyone. But just saying extreme abuse doesn't get adjust often you will know trust me... I test mine by putting my foot to the front bumper and full throttle if she pushes back and tires spin she is good if she revs and it doesn't match the wheels it's too loose. Tighten 1/8 turn and repeat. Just until the tire want to break loose instantly.
If parts take that long I would hit Jenny's rc and order some wear and tear parts for back up. I keep pretty much a whole car except chassis and diffs on hand but I do have a rebuild kit for them lol

Small turns for 1. don't go crazy with it.. every driving style is different I beat mine hard...... hmm that doesn't sound right lol... anyway. I would maybe turn it 1/8 turn every 10 packs or so.. it will be different for everyone. But just saying extreme abuse doesn't get adjust often you will know trust me... I test mine by putting my foot to the front bumper and full throttle if she pushes back and tires spin she is good if she revs and it doesn't match the wheels it's too loose. Tighten 1/8 turn and repeat. Just until the tire want to break loose instantly.
If parts take that long I would hit Jenny's rc and order some wear and tear parts for back up. I keep pretty much a whole car except chassis and diffs on hand but I do have a rebuild kit for them lol

ok! I’ll try to adjust mine tomorrow tonight it’s the servo turn lol

If its driving fine leave it alone. You can test it but if tires will spin it is fine.
Or at least gets replacement backup parts first lol

If its driving fine leave it alone. You can test it but if tires will spin it is fine.
Or at least gets replacement backup parts first lol
look the servo was out of alignment
before
IMG_5616.JPG

after, this is the best I could install it due to the position of the gear underneath
IMG_5617.JPG

Yes exactly.. now use your trim knob on the radio to line it up.. that's center.. install and see where the alignment is.. adjust the tierods to compensate, not the trim knob

Yes exactly.. now use your trim knob on the radio to line it up.. that's center.. install and see where the alignment is.. adjust the tierods to compensate, not the trim knob
this car doesn't have adjustable rods but its better this is how much I have to adjust the trim on the controller to go straight
before
IMG_5600 2.JPG

after
IMG_5618.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back