Kraton Help with steering blocks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justutt67

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello noob here so I can’t use the search function yet. Probably bringing up an old topic. I broke a steering block this weekend on my V3 6s Kraton. Went to hobby town near me and they had the ARA330187 in stock shows it will work on the Kraton. I appear to have the ARA330505 on mine. It’s about 1/4” more offset. I would need shorter dog bones to use the others right? What am I missing? Attached pic of the two for reference.
DECCBBDA-A6CC-4CD0-B882-714E94BF8CFE.jpeg

The axle in the end of the dog bone would have to be shorter, and you may run into binding issues on the wheel if you were to put the k6 wheels on the shorter piece. You'll want to get the one you have on your rig currently for everything to jive. As a side note I'd test the grub screw in the middle of the end piece to make sure you can get it out and it's not Loctite to death. If you feel resistance heat it up with a little butane torch/lighter for a good 30 seconds before you force it or you'll strip it and be in for that fun....

Ok thanks for the tip. I already had the grub screw out when I did the fast eddies bearing kit. I did re loctite it but I will use heat again when I remove. I am more wondering why the Hobbytown website says these steering blocks are for the Kraton? They are clearly different.

Ok thanks for the tip. I already had the grub screw out when I did the fast eddies bearing kit. I did re loctite it but I will use heat again when I remove. I am more wondering why the Hobbytown website says these steering blocks are for the Kraton? They are clearly different.
No telling. They are used on the talion and typhon though.

The part they gave you is for the V1 Kraton. You need to get the part for the V2/V3/V4 Kraton.

The part they gave you is for the V1 Kraton. You need to get the part for the V2/V3/V4 Kraton.

ahh ok that makes sense the website doesn’t distinguish between which version it just generically says Kraton. Thanks for the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back