Senton Help with the main gears slipper idk help me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travykat

Reaction score
180B0552-73FE-4AFF-B37C-BB96165127DE.jpeg

Ok so i took my rc apart it was making like a winning noise and i was loosing traction sounded like the motor was spinning freely & then it would connect to gears and go but is this part supposed to be spinning freely like both sides can spin oposite or should it be one solid gear

Yea theres a screw i see it do I tighten it ?

And is this part called the slipper??
Yes, the slipper. Stick a 2mm up the long end and feel for the hex screw. Use a flash lite if needed. Is it there? Is it easy to turn? Don’t crank on it, you’ll damage the plastic screw on the other end maybe if you tighten it too much.

Yes, the slipper. Stick a 2mm up the long end and feel for the hex screw. Use a flash lite if needed. Is it there? Is it easy to turn? Don’t crank on it, you’ll damage the plastic screw on the other end maybe if you tighten it too much.
Yea its there and okay ill go easy on it I didn't kno there was a plastic bit at the other end I thought it was metal on metal should i use loctite?

Yea its there and okay ill go easy on it I didn't kno there was a plastic bit at the other end I thought it was metal on metal should i use loctite?
No…not unless the plastic nut is stripped. I’m not had to deal with it yet so I’m not super sure. I know that I naively put Loctite on two of my slippers that had the plastic nut, when I was learning, and it didn’t cause issues either way. I’m super careful with adjusting though.

Some people say tighten it up all the way and then lossen it 1.5+ turns. I think that tightening it often then loosening can weaken the plastic nut, so I learned to do it by feel, and also how it was driving/sounding before I pulled the motor…which I do every 3 runs.

Yep @Velodromed is correct. Thats your slipper clutch. If u remove the screw the pieces come apart of course. It super easy to put back together if u want to familiarize urself with it. No lock tite is needed if ur plastic nut is good. Unless u notice it to loosen anyway then blue locktite. I keep mine at about 2 full turns off from tight. **If u watch the youtube vids when they take the center driveshaft out and insert a 2mm hex in slipper without removing and roll car till wheels stop rolling** THIS IS A FULLY TIGHTEN CLUTCH. It makes more apt to pop driveshafts. Kill diffs. Pop wheelies. Which can be done even at 2 turns from tight😉

Lol. It's about time!
Yea i took it apart and the pads I guess are freaking gone lmao there like soo worn down it's almost threw to the metal disk thats in there so i gata order some BS lol im guessing a maintenance kit and new pads ??
Thank you all for bearing with me lmao

Sounds like your slipper was set too loose, those are all the classic signs — car doesn’t move that well, whining noise, worn pads.

Yea i took it apart and the pads I guess are freaking gone lmao there like soo worn down it's almost threw to the metal disk thats in there so i gata order some BS lol im guessing a maintenance kit and new pads ??
Thank you all for bearing with me lmao
Yep the maintanance kit with a pack of pads and ur set 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back