Kraton Help with this grinding or clicking plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afreksmadr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I cannot seem to figure out where this is coming from but it sounds terrible and I can’t seem to pinpoint it. I have rebuilt the center and rear diffs, adding 500k weight fluid. This clacking sounds like I’m gonna be seeing teeth somewhere. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Is my mesh bad on my main drive?https://share.icloud.com/photos/052z8qObvDRwFiTsKFkRoewZA

Yeah don't drive it. Or risk doing more damage. I Watched the video. I was cringing from the sound of your rig. Been there. Same issue. Just my rear gears were already toast.
Your diff main/input gears either front or rear Shimming is incorrect. Shim at the main gear side BB of the diff. Sometimes you will need 2+shims. They are hard to install without damaging the shims. But can be done. Patience. Needs to be done. Don't drive like this or risk having to replace the expensive main and input gears. Make sure all the bulkhead screws are firm and snug. Including on the bottom of the chassis.
I use #TKR1222 Tekno diff shims. Get a few packs. Always need to have them in your tool box.

Last edited:
Yeah don't drive it. Or risk doing more damage. I Watched the video. I was cringing from the sound of your rig. Been there. Same issue. Just my rear gears were already toast.
Your diff main/input gears either front or rear Shimming is incorrect. Shim at the main gear side BB of the diff. Sometimes you will need 2+shims. They are hard to install without damaging the shims. But can be done. Patience. Needs to be done. Don't drive like this or risk having to replace the expensive main and input gears. Make sure all the bulkhead screws are firm and snug. Including on the bottom of the chassis.
I use #TKR1222 Tekno diff shims. Get a few packs. Always need to have them in your tool box.
Thank you for taking the time to watch the video and add comments. Forgive my ignorance, but what is ‘BB’ when you say “BB of the diff?”

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back