Help with toe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanF

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
My notorious front wheels are towed out should I tow them in to match the rear. Anyone have this running rpm control arms all the way around

My talion came with the right wheel pointing out to no mans land when it came out the box. It def needs to be adjusted somewhat from stock :D 49336101_10213175025385375_3396659660382535680_n.jpg

You just adjust the steering trim to even them out and you are good.

I'm not sure that right. You don't adjust toe with steering trim. You use the turnbuckles.

If you look at the picture it looks like one side is toed out more than the other. I think that is what he was complaining about. If I straighten one of my tires it will look like the other is out too far. The point I was trying to make is if you even them out it doesn't look so bad and might not need the turnbuckles adjusted.

I def needed to adjust the toe with the turnbuckles to fix the issue I showed in the image above. Had nothing to do with trim.

Hi JordanF, you need toe in in the rear for straight line acceleration stability and toe out in the front for more steering response. All Arrma's 1/8 are setup like that, it's normal.
I agree with the toe in on the rear, but I believe the front should be square/straight. If you were racing on a closed track, you might be able to increase performance with a "slight" toe in, but this would not really effect performance of a basher. You might see more realistic results by adjusting camber, slightly negative, so that an inside tire runs straight up and down, when turning hard into a corner. You could see this effect by simply placing your rig on a hard surface, and pushing it from the side from left to right. This would allow for the greatest contact patch of the treads to the surface. Running with your toe in our out on the front, will just cause the tires to wear unevenly. Thoughts to the contrary are welcome.

I have found with offroad trucks that a bit of toe out in the front really helps them be less twitchy at speed. A lot more noticeable on high COG trucks like the savage and stampede than any of the arrma trucks. The stampede was horrid with the straight or toe'd in at all. Any little steering adjustment at half throttle would send it tumbling because the weight would transfer to the outside front tire and it would be all over before you could counter.

On my 2wd ejato (or when it was nitro) or back when I ran a xxx-nt, I'd run with a bit of toe-in, which seemed to suit them well. 4wd seems to change where you want that toe as well on the front. Even when I had a little HPI Nitro MT (4wd 1/10 stadium), it did better with zero toe or negative toe. Otherwise it was very "darty" like the high COG MT's. I'm guessing track width plays a bit part too. It was a relatively narrow truck, but pretty much the same footprint/width as the jato and XXXNT was. Only difference was it was 4wd.

Thanks for info now ive gotta figure out how to break hex heads loose mine do not want to come loose to adjust

Its feel like if i just force the adjustment on the center inline nut its gonna snap the turnbuckles

Maybe I'm missing something or blind but my Talion has a lot of rear toe in that I would like to get straightened out a bit.

Left has medium toe in and right side has large amount of toe in.

How can I adjust this?

Maybe I'm missing something or blind but my Talion has a lot of rear toe in that I would like to get straightened out a bit.

Left has medium toe in and right side has large amount of toe in.

How can I adjust this?
You can't. Adjusting rear toe is not possible with the Arrma's 6s, it's fixed. I've had the same issue multiple times but after measeurement left and right were the same, sometimes it only looks wrong. Has something to do with shadows or so.

Anyway for reference: more rear toe in gives you more stability and less steering (more oversteer) and front toe out gives you more steering. With the mega 6s power you need it. A 1/8th scale going 80 km/h is the same as a 1/1 going a whopping 640 km/h.

You can't. Adjusting rear toe is not possible with the Arrma's 6s, it's fixed. I've had the same issue multiple times but after measeurement left and right were the same, sometimes it only looks wrong. Has something to do with shadows or so.

Anyway for reference: more rear toe in gives you more stability and less steering (more oversteer) and front toe out gives you more steering. With the mega 6s power you need it. A 1/8th scale going 80 km/h is the same as a 1/1 going a whopping 640 km/h.

thats crazy... never thought of that speed comparison...

That's fine and all but the right rear has more toe in than the left side. I just measured it right now. So there's no reasonable way to match them or adjust it at all?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back