Help with Voltage Hobbies chassis braces please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole B.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys! Hope everyone is well. This may seem like a stupid question for some who feel it's an easy process and it probably is but, does anyone know the proper procedure for installing these Voltage Hobbies front and rear chassis braces into an Arrma Kraton v4 6s? One reason I ask is because I heard somewhere you need to pull the front end off the truck to install the front one. These voltage hobbies braces come with nut and bolt instead of just a screw. One nut and bolt on each the front one and one nut and bolt on the rear brace. So, the end of each brace that faces towards the center diff is the end on each brace that uses the nut and bolt. There are a few unrelated parts that I need to take off to get to the braces in order to work on them and I thought I would ask before I tear it down too much and have to wait till I can buy tools to put it back together. I may have what I need to do it though. I'm just kind of tapped for right now after getting back into RC and having to rebuy EVERYTHING because many of my tools were stolen right before I gave up on RC about 8 years ago. I ran nitro only and 1/10 scale back then and I had tools and a truck stolen and things were already tight and I had to hang it up for a long time. It sucked because I love RC. Anyway, I come back and everything is different. I forget a lot and the 1/8 already feel way different to me. I just need to get familiar with them. Again, I just want some tips on installing them and to find out if I need to remove the front or rear end. Sorry about the long post lol. I'm new to these forums and I'm really grateful to have them to use so I can talk about RC with all of you great people! Bash on! ????✌

Hey guys! Hope everyone is well. This may seem like a stupid question for some who feel it's an easy process and it probably is but, does anyone know the proper procedure for installing these Voltage Hobbies front and rear chassis braces into an Arrma Kraton v4 6s? One reason I ask is because I heard somewhere you need to pull the front end off the truck to install the front one. These voltage hobbies braces come with nut and bolt instead of just a screw. One nut and bolt on each the front one and one nut and bolt on the rear brace. So, the end of each brace that faces towards the center diff is the end on each brace that uses the nut and bolt. There are a few unrelated parts that I need to take off to get to the braces in order to work on them and I thought I would ask before I tear it down too much and have to wait till I can buy tools to put it back together. I may have what I need to do it though. I'm just kind of tapped for right now after getting back into RC and having to rebuy EVERYTHING because many of my tools were stolen right before I gave up on RC about 8 years ago. I ran nitro only and 1/10 scale back then and I had tools and a truck stolen and things were already tight and I had to hang it up for a long time. It sucked because I love RC. Anyway, I come back and everything is different. I forget a lot and the 1/8 already feel way different to me. I just need to get familiar with them. Again, I just want some tips on installing them and to find out if I need to remove the front or rear end. Sorry about the long post lol. I'm new to these forums and I'm really grateful to have them to use so I can talk about RC with all of you great people! Bash on! ????✌

You either have old stock or he went back to that design. The last braces I purchased for my Talion use a single flathead screw to secure it to the chassis. The ones on my Noto and Typhon use the nut and screw. What I do is thread the nut on by hand (it's a pain). I then use a flathead screwdriver and wedge it in between the nut and the brace to keep the nut from moving while I screw the screw in. This way you don't have to remove anything.

You either have old stock or he went back to that design. The last braces I purchased for my Talion use a single flathead screw to secure it to the chassis. The ones on my Noto and Typhon use the nut and screw. What I do is thread the nut on by hand (it's a pain). I then use a flathead screwdriver and wedge it in between the nut and the brace to keep the nut from moving while I screw the screw in. This way you don't have to remove anything.
That's amazing! But wouldn't the nut then be loose when you were done? Wouldn't there be a gap between the nut and the brace? Or did I just somehow misunderstand you? Thank you btw.

That's amazing! But wouldn't the nut then be loose when you were done? Wouldn't there be a gap between the nut and the brace? Or did I just somehow misunderstand you? Thank you btw.
It's hard to explain. I just jam the screwdriver in so that the nut doesn't turn. I'll see if I can post a picture.

20190818_134340.jpg

Oh! I misunderstood. That's simple but brilliant!- thanks man. I can already tell that will work well. You're a godsend! ????
It may be hard to screw the nut all the way on by hand though...
Just get it started. That's all you need I'm order to do the screwdriver trick.

Just get it started. That's all you need I'm order to do the screwdriver trick.
Again, that just became obvious as you told me because it is a good, elegant trick. I'm going to get them on later because I'm actually bashing a bit today. It's nice out. After I clean it later, if I have time, I hope I can get em on tonight! You're awesome friend! Solved my problem in a few minutes flat lol!

Again, that just became obvious as you told me because it is a good, elegant trick. I'm going to get them on later because I'm actually bashing a bit today. It's nice out. After I clean it later, if I have time, I hope I can get em on tonight! You're awesome friend! Solved my problem in a few minutes flat lol!
Glad to have helped ??

Glad to have helped ??
I am wondering though... where to tie the esc cables now that the little slot holder for the wires is gone. I'm not sure where to put them. If there was a hole drilled in the front one for a zip tie that would have worked fine. Don't know why he didn't do that.

I am wondering though... where to tie the esc cables now that the little slot holder for the wires is gone. I'm not sure where to put them. If there was a hole drilled in the front one for a zip tie that would have worked fine. Don't know why he didn't do that.
Just stuff them down there ?

Just stuff them down there ?
Update: Finally had a chance to sit down and work on my Kraton. Got the braces in! You can fit a 7mm socket into the nut on the front brace to tighten it down as long as you have a ratchet extension or deep well socket but the rear brace needs the screwdriver trick of yours because the outdrive cup is in the way of the socket. I just put a tiny piece of rubber on top of the front brace where the esc wires used to be mounted in that little slot on the stock front brace and set the wires back on it and then strapped it down with a zip tie. That way, the rubber stops the esc wires from sliding forward or backward and getting caught up in moving parts. Them being strapped down onto the brace with rubber between the wires and brace should stop them from moving anywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back