Help with Yeah Racing Fan install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashRc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I just got a Yeah Racing aluminum fan to replace the stock motor fan on the senton 3s BLX v3 and am having trouble finding any info on how to get these connectors to work. I did not realize that the connector plugs on the fans were different and am not sure where to go from here. I've searched for forums or videos and haven't seem anything yet. Any help is greatly appreciated

image_72192707.JPG

image_50367233.JPG

I just got a Yeah Racing aluminum fan to replace the stock motor fan on the senton 3s BLX v3 and am having trouble finding any info on how to get these connectors to work. I did not realize that the connector plugs on the fans were different and am not sure where to go from here. I've searched for forums or videos and haven't seem anything yet. Any help is greatly appreciated

View attachment 146634

View attachment 146635
Stock connector is a Futaba J plug and the YR is a JST-RCY plug. Super easy to crimp on new ends.

http://www.mattmillman.com/info/crimpconnectors/common-jst-connector-types/

View attachment 146634

View attachment 146635
The fan you got there uses a JST connector. Find the operating voltage of the fan. If it can do 5-6v, I would snip both connectors off on both fans. For ease I would probably cut around 2 inches above the connector on both. Then splice the receiver plug that was on the stock fan onto the YR fan keeping polarity in mind. Also make sure you heatshrink the exposed wire once done.

Believe it or not.. you can just plug it in.. it's a tight fit but it does work.. just be sure your polarity is correct..👍

You could also switch the factory fan lead over if you have the means to flow some solder..

IMG_20210518_224931730.jpg

Believe it or not.. you can just plug it in.. it's a tight fit but it does work.. just be sure your polarity is correct..👍
Winner winner chicken dinner!

You can also use a pin tool to de-pin the JST and push the pinned leads into a male J-connector body.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

You can also use a pin tool to de-pin the JST and push the pinned leads into a male J-connector body.

De-pinning is 100% an option.. we used to do that all the time with our old Jr and futaba stuff..(dang that made me feel old)...🤣🤣.. 👍.. kudos to you man, brought back some good memories for me..✌️

You could also switch the factory fan lead over if you have the means to flow some solder..

View attachment 146638
I just plugged mine in, too. Still working 9 months (and dozens of lawn darts, tomahawks, etc) later 👍

oh man I definitely appreciate all the quick responses! I’ve never really messed around much with crimping and soldering so it’s nice to see the ole rammer jammer will hold up 😅🤙🏽 I’ll give it a shot and see how she blows 💨 Thank you all again!

Back