Here goes nothing - WLtoys 12148/Granite 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Mom always said "Drive like a Maniac"
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Granite Grom
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
Just a pipe dream at this point, Got the WL way back when I was just researching getting into RC and soon after that I discovered real bashing and got the Granny. Now that I'm comfortable with all the basics it's time to hack.

Turn Granny 4s and the WL 3s ?
WL Granny001.png

WL Granny002.png

I have one of those WL Toys 12428s and I do not find it very fun to drive. Did yours handle like poo too? The suspension was super bouncy and I swear I spent more time flipping it back onto its wheels than I did driving it.

I'm actually impressed with how well that body fits on top of that. It looks like a scale super lifted truck and probably drives just about the same ?

I have one of those WL Toys 12428s and I do not find it very fun to drive. Did yours handle like poo too? The suspension was super bouncy and I swear I spent more time flipping it back onto its wheels than I did driving it.
I didn't drive it much, just knew it didn't have much giddy up and got the Granny soon afterwords
I'm actually impressed with how well that body fits on top of that. It looks like a scale super lifted truck and probably drives just about the same ?
After hacking out a section of the cage, messing around at this point

Last edited:
I hacked outed a bit more of the cage and 3D printed a body mounting post (Dev Draft V3)
PipeDream2.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back