Kraton Here We Go!!! 1st build log, Kraton XL...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike'sGN-Kraton

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon TLR
We'll just start with this...
This will be my first build log so... bare with me, I tend to get ahead of myself so I'll try my best to get as much documented as possible...
Screenshot_20230206_184327_Gallery.jpg

As I left it for the night... packages will be arriving throughout the week,...
I have had a brand new K6 exb roller hanging around for a while and I figured now is the time to build myself a bad*ss rig!!!... stay posted, Mike
Resized_Screenshot_20230206_184332_Gallery.jpeg
Screenshot_20230206_184407_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Progress on the front end... I'm liking the carbon fiber!!! Couple opinions needed ...
#1 General opinions on bulkheads?, Stock, hotracing, or vitavon? Diffs will be fully prepped exb's, (open) lubed accordingly.
#2 hubs f&r?, Stock , h/r, or vitavon? I'm not worried about the price difference between them, just wondering about final fit and finish of the two? I was impressed with the vitavon bulkheads and center section for the dbxl-e, as well as the vitavon stuff for the arrma 8s'...just never had either of the two for 1/8 scale stuff...
But servo and everything else needed should be here next week . Mike
20230207_173604.jpg
20230207_173627.jpg

Progress on the front end... I'm liking the carbon fiber!!! Couple opinions needed ...
#1 General opinions on bulkheads?, Stock, hotracing, or vitavon? Diffs will be fully prepped exb's, (open) lubed accordingly.
#2 hubs f&r?, Stock , h/r, or vitavon? I'm not worried about the price difference between them, just wondering about final fit and finish of the two? I was impressed with the vitavon bulkheads and center section for the dbxl-e, as well as the vitavon stuff for the arrma 8s'...just never had either of the two for 1/8 scale stuff...
But servo and everything else needed should be here next week . Mike View attachment 276503View attachment 276504
I think stock hubs are perfectly fine. I just ordered some vitavon hubs though but a big part of that is I'm running 20mm hex extenders and proline tires that have a lot of offset so the hub is very visible so I wanted the bling. They are absolutely beautiful and it doesn't seem like you are holding back at all so I say go for it!! You won't regret it. Also might as well go bulkheads too 😉

Oh and servo saver while your at it
-nevermind I see you already got something different than stock

Went as far as I could today. Waiting on some more packages, this is all just mock-up anyway. Still need some correct hardware, a few little pieces and a bunch of de-anodizing, no red on this one... Mike
20230211_150222.jpg
20230211_150301.jpg
20230211_150449.jpg

The 56113 seems to fit well!!!! 🤣🤣🤣
20230211_150230.jpg

Last edited:
I've been playing around with some extra bodies I have hanging around...
Can't figure out what body will fit???
What's out there that's long enough where the wheelwells are proportioned to the wheel base?
Thanks for anything... Mike

This was in May...I got a bada$$ parts package From Rcproponent which included f&r basherqueen bulkheads ready to go with arrma aluminum diffs, and built aluminum center diff...
Screenshot_20230805_222612_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230805_222801_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230805_222814_Gallery.jpg

It sat on the shelf since those last pics in May... just last week I played around with my old proline silverado body, it's been on a few different rc's, it's not the final body but I think I like it, I'll pick up the same one and start fresh for the XL... I also threw on a set of fireteam shocks, and I still have the m2c cap set to install on those... but here she is now, I just took it on its maiden run yesterday and I'd have to say I'm very impressed with the way this thing handles on tar and dirt.. so tight and smooth, very planted and so responsive. Max6/4985 combo have a 21t pinion on it now, and by the end of back to back 4s runs motor was about 140* esc was about 108*... let her cool down while I went over the truck and put a 6s pack in and let her rip!!!! Absolutely 💯 Beast mode!!!!! What a bada** ride guy's!!! I should definitely built one earlier... here she is a couple of days ago, before buttoning everything up, but I can't wait to get the paddles back on and hit the sand pit!!!!
Screenshot_20230806_070218_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230806_084659_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230806_084706_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230806_084712_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230806_085048_Gallery.jpg

It sat on the shelf since those last pics in May... just last week I played around with my old proline silverado body, it's been on a few different rc's, it's not the final body but I think I like it, I'll pick up the same one and start fresh for the XL... I also threw on a set of fireteam shocks, and I still have the m2c cap set to install on those... but here she is now, I just took it on its maiden run yesterday and I'd have to say I'm very impressed with the way this thing handles on tar and dirt.. so tight and smooth, very planted and so responsive. Max6/4985 combo have a 21t pinion on it now, and by the end of back to back 4s runs motor was about 140* esc was about 108*... let her cool down while I went over the truck and put a 6s pack in and let her rip!!!! Absolutely 💯 Beast mode!!!!! What a bada** ride guy's!!! I should definitely built one earlier... here she is a couple of days ago, before buttoning everything up, but I can't wait to get the paddles back on and hit the sand pit!!!!View attachment 315644View attachment 315645View attachment 315646View attachment 315647View attachment 315649
Did you expect anything less from that tank!! 💯

Honestly it's better than I was expecting!!! It's my first one that I really built with everything good... I also have another xl already partially built that I'm gonna put together, maybe just a little bit different... Mike

Honestly it's better than I was expecting!!! It's my first one that I really built with everything good... I also have another xl already partially built that I'm gonna put together, maybe just a little bit different... Mike
Wanting to do my Kexb.. but I know it's gonna be one heck of a bill, how much you think you have in this setup, without the sand slingers and the new body!?💰

I'd have to say a small boat load? LOL!!! I lost track after I bought the full m2c beefcake kit new!!!
But I have to give @Rcproponent a huge shout out!!! Thanks again for the awesome parts package that set this build over the edge!!! And also helped the start of another sick build!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back