Here we go again!!.. 🤦.. designers beware and on the lookout...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
I'm not sure what it is with people these day's..🤦...

Anyone who has designs licensed through thingiverse under creative Commons non commercial pay close attention to eBay..

This store in particular https://www.ebay.com/str/worldofpri...uid=m9S2Z3EBTL2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

my designs once again are being stolen and used for monetary gains under a direct violation of the creative Commons non commercial licensing... Ah, but this time it's in the USA, so now I have a leg to stand on..finally!!.. 😁.. cease and desist has already been sent..😎👍..

I'm just giving a heads up to all you designers out there because this place is legit 98% thingiverse files.. If they are violating your license agreement you need to pursue or this will be common practice for these thieves..

Crazy is all I can say, the world is upside down.. you give and give, and its never enough, they have to take you for that extra little ride...🥶

Be on the lookout fellow designer's...✌️

Pardon my ignorance, I have no clue what you make. Which part or parts is it?

I have alot of my designs posted on thingiverse for all to use for Thier own purposes, but licensed as non commercial..

The store above is selling 3 of my designs that I could find, maybe more, still digging..

1) center driveshaft cover for the lwb 3s chassis's..

2) 99-06 gm truck fuel door stops/ bumper's..

3) dodge ram 1500 passenger axle seal install tool..

I have alot of my designs posted on thingiverse for all to use for Thier own purposes, but licensed as non commercial..

The store above is selling 3 of my designs that I could find, maybe more, still digging..

1) center driveshaft cover for the lwb 3s chassis's..

2) 99-06 gm truck fuel door stops/ bumper's..

3) dodge ram 1500 passenger axle seal install tool..
Sorry to see that again...but at least you are up on it my Man!

Yup this sucks for sure.

I see a few things that over lap, I'm sure we could go through the list and trace them all back to Thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4423537
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5763262
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4501096
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5651902 <- they even used the same picture!

Thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5651902
featured_preview_4d2a403d-f866-4eca-805d-72c1c6905333.jpg
featured_preview_f926e4a9-4cba-4300-8fb7-455a4898cde5.jpg

Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325483033411?hash=item4bc84cf343:g:puQAAOSwDZ5jsLQ9
1674435404232.png

One course of action is to file a complaint with Ebay. If they don't boot the guy, then have a lawyer draft a letter and make them comply. They have deep pockets and don't want to get into it. You file a law suit, in small claims court.

The precedence has been set with Youtube, Napster, etc that the owner of the website has some liability in their content.

In the end, if it's posted in the public domain, you have to assume that someone, some where will use it outside the terms of service.

Wow, that sucks! any chance of a link to your thingiverse page(s)? I saw a few pieces I’d like on that EBay seller page, but do not want to support them!

oops, looks like it was posted while I typed, lol! Thnks.

Damn that’s shady. I know I’ve used some of your designs and appreciate you making them available the way you have. It’s disheartening to see people take advantage of that.

I appreciate that, and it's my pleasure to put in the time to help the community, that's all I ever wanted to do.. if I can save someone some money and help out I'm there..

Hell, I don't care if they are made and handed out all over the place, it all makes sense in my eyes, everyone wins.... but to put it in a store, Infront of a worldwide audience, as thier own, and make money off of it erks me right up...

I guess it's just one of those things you have to keep an eye out for and stay on top of..

The Best solution to all this is to have eBay take a portion of the sale of such stolen designs that's being sold on their platform and give it to the original designers.

That way these sellers are basically paying a royalty and they can't say No.
If they deliberately do this behind the creator's back.

AND make the compensation/royalty Retroactive!
Go back as far as records shows to scrap back as much fees from these leaching sellers as possible.
That will teach them a lesson and a nice plump check to the original creators. 😁🤘

AND, make it multi-tiered..
If the seller uses the original creator's original photos +add a fee, if they steal the graphics/illustrations +add a fee, if they use the same instructions +add a fee.
Just go down the list of added-value fees!! 😆

Last edited:
Wow, that sucks! any chance of a link to your thingiverse page(s)? I saw a few pieces I’d like on that EBay seller page, but do not want to support them!

oops, looks like it was posted while I typed, lol! Thnks.

I go under the same user name on thingiverse.. your more than welcome to enjoy anything you like for free....😎.. double win!..😉
The Best solution to all this is to have eBay take a portion of the sale of such stolen designs that's being sold on their platform and give it to the original designers.

That way these sellers are basically paying a royalty and they can't say No.
If they deliberately do this behind the creator's back.

Agreed, that would make to much sense, and cost eBay Boku bucks to police and orchestrate.. so I'm sure they would gracefully bow out of that indeavor... 🤣...it really does stink.. it's a slippery "newer" slope for sure..

Last edited:
Agreed, that would make to much sense, and cost eBay Boku bucks to police and orchestrate.. so I'm sure they would gracefully bow out of that indeavor... 🤣...it really does stink.. it's a slippery "newer" slope for sure..

Not so!
Just like YouTube can use Ai to scan/check each video or music that's uploaded onto their platform to see if it's infringing on another artist's copyright Movie, TV show, songs etc etc.

It can be done by machines. With human oversight. It's already being done.
The technology has been around awhile..

Not so!
Just like YouTube can use Ai to scan/check each video or music that's uploaded onto their platform to see if it's infringing on another artist's copyright Movie, TV show, songs etc etc.

It can be done by machines. With human oversight. It's already being done.
The technology has been around awhile..

Interesting, I get what your saying.. but with it not being digital, rather a physical object put forth by any individual how would a.i know it's an infringement on a stl file it can not see?.. how would it link it all together?

I'm intrigued,
I think I've been hiding under car hoods for far to long... Lol

Interesting, I get what your saying.. but with it not being digital, rather a physical object put forth by any individual how would a.i know it's an infringement on a stl file it can not see?.. how would it link it all together?

I'm intrigued,
I think I've been hiding under car hoods for far to long... Lol

Each digital file created has metadata attached to it. And of course the original creators can add additional meta info/tags to those files.
When you upload ANY file onto the Internet, those files are traced.

And if say a large corporation is properly enticed** to look at said metadata, they can and will.

If I was to do this -verify stolen 3D digital files- I would just need to look all the files uploaded to Thingiverse for said account/designs and then compare the metadata of all the graphics/text/photos used by the questionable sellers. If they match..
then Boom! Charge them royalty fees.

And if they contest the validity, then all I need to do is ask for their source file .STL and compare that to the original creator's. If they match ,then BOOM again!! Add more fees on top 💪🤘

**Give them a way to make money off those data(meta)

Last edited:
Each digital file created has metadata attached to it. And of course the original creators can add additional meta info/tags to those files.
When you upload ANY file onto the Internet, those files are traced.

And if say a large corporation is properly enticed** to look at said metadata, they can and will.

If I was to do this -verify stolen 3D digital files- I would just need to look all the files uploaded to Thingiverse for said account/designs and then compare the metadata of all the graphics/text/photos used by the questionable sellers. If they match..
then Boom! Charge them royalty fees.

And if they contest the validity, then all I need to do is ask for their source file .STL and compare that to the original creator's. If they match ,then BOOM again!! Add more fees on top 💪🤘

**Give them a way to make money off those data(meta)

Your a smart man @Tex Koder ..😎.. I'm always listening sir..👌..

I appreciate that, and it's my pleasure to put in the time to help the community, that's all I ever wanted to do.. if I can save someone some money and help out I'm there..

Hell, I don't care if they are made and handed out all over the place, it all makes sense in my eyes, everyone wins.... but to put it in a store, Infront of a worldwide audience, as thier own, and make money off of it erks me right up...

I guess it's just one of those things you have to keep an eye out for and stay on top of..
I understand completely, I've had artwork hijacked and used for sales without my permission before. I don't mind if you use for personal use but making money off of it kind of rubs me the wrong way. I guess the internet has made everyone think everything is free. I saw a photoshop tutorial showing how to get rid of watermarks the other day, and thought great, now you are showing people how to steal someone else's work. :banghead:

That is crazy, and they even reference you to boot! Hopefully just a misunderstanding. Glad you caught it and thank you for supporting the RC Community!!

I really appreciate all the design files shared on Thingiverse and other places. I am sure tons of others have enjoyed your designs too!

whoa.png

That is crazy, and they even reference you to boot! Hopefully just a misunderstanding. Glad you caught it and thank you for supporting the RC Community!!

I really appreciate all the design files shared on Thingiverse and other places. I am sure tons of others have enjoyed your designs too!

View attachment 272397

That was only just added after the threat of litigation, they are grasping at straws and are starting to Panic, trying to cover up what's going on..

That was only just added after the threat of litigation, they are grasping at straws and are starting to Panic, trying to cover up what's going on..

Or to have their account blocked/erased.

And another one of my designs.. my picture, description and all... these guy's

Screenshot_20230123-092224.png

Screenshot_20230123-092310.png

Or to have their account blocked/erased.

I know it, now they are admitting theft of the stl, and admitting they are breaking the license agreement.. 😁... Starting to make my job easier...😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back