Big Rock Hex adapters for the Big Rock!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC DUDE81

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Typhon 3s
Does anyone know of any 14mm hex adapters for the Big Rock? I'm currently running the Duratrax 12mm hex then 12 to 17mm HR extender with Proline trenchers. I really want to try running the stock tires again but need just a little wider stance. I plan on using the HR adapter for a Granite build I'm starting. I've looked all over and hardly nothing 14mm. I think 6-10mm each side would be perfect running stock tires.

These work amazing and give a nice wide stance very nice part and no need to buy hex adapters

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190206-221757_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190206-221757_eBay.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 348
I've invested some time into this with no luck yet. Hopefully someone knows of something.

Well, Just Bash It does several variations of the Nero 17mm to 24mm.

Contact him. If he doesn’t I guarantee he’ll be receptive of it. Especially if a bunch of you contact him, lol.

imo, 14mm is somewhat annoying anywhere. Surprised Arrma did it without vision to solutions later in available mods.

Maybe check redcat MT10E aftermarket. The truck has been around for a while and I'd imagine they could have clean 14mm extensions by now.

Well, Just Bash It does several variations of the Nero 17mm to 24mm.

Contact him. If he doesn’t I guarantee he’ll be receptive of it. Especially if a bunch of you contact him, lol.
imo, 14mm is somewhat annoying anywhere. Surprised Arrma did it without vision to solutions later in available mods.

Maybe check redcat MT10E aftermarket. The truck has been around for a while and I'd imagine they could have clean 14mm extensions by now.
I'll look into it Thanks! Kory from the Arrma 3s Facebook group was a Redcat dealer so maybe he'll know something...

There's a problem with this. I never heard of widening hexes without moving up in hex diameter. The stock axle length is the limiter in how wide a hex adapter can be. It would be much easier to achieve a wider stance by using Typhon arms. They are a cm wider than the BRCC arms. All you need are the lower arms, upper links, steering links. All other suspension components & axle parts will work with the arms & links.

There's a problem with this. I never heard of widening hexes without moving up in hex diameter. The stock axle length is the limiter in how wide a hex adapter can be. It would be much easier to achieve a wider stance by using Typhon arms. They are a cm wider than the BRCC arms. All you need are the lower arms, upper links, steering links. All other suspension components & axle parts will work with the arms & links.
True. The Typhon arms are not yet available so I was just looking for a extension so I can still use the stock tires. I had the Duratrax 12mm hex with HR 12 to 17 mm extenders on it running Trenchers but I'm transferring that to my new Granite build. The Big Rock is fun in it's stock form but nothing to turn it over! LOL I lowered the body all the way down to help with COG but we'll see how it goes! As soon as RPM or ARRMA comes out with the arms etc. I might just do that. Thanks for your reply!

True. The Typhon arms are not yet available so I was just looking for a extension so I can still use the stock tires. I had the Duratrax 12mm hex with HR 12 to 17 mm extenders on it running Trenchers but I'm transferring that to my new Granite build. The Big Rock is fun in it's stock form but nothing to turn it over! LOL I lowered the body all the way down to help with COG but we'll see how it goes! As soon as RPM or ARRMA comes out with the arms etc. I might just do that. Thanks for your reply!
Keep an eye out on JRC. They restock mid-week Tues-Thurs. Parts are a scarce now given the low stock of cars.

Keep an eye out on JRC. They restock mid-week Tues-Thurs. Parts are a scarce now given the low stock of cars.
What do you mean by low stock of cars? Honestly just curious. Assuming you mean breakers, is there no availability for these guys lately?

What do you mean by low stock of cars? Honestly just curious. Assuming you mean breakers, is there no availability for these guys lately?
The breakers usually buy online from the big retail shops so they can get discounts & not deplete the local stock. They ran into problems buying from local shops when they first started out. It just works better for everyone in the long run. But when online stock runs low because of Chinese new year, it's the smaller cars of the non "T" brands that take the hit first. Last year, everything was screwed up because of the HH takeover compounded with Chinese new year.

did anybody look at gpm they list a wider hex I think it said 3mm and a 1mm

I had some 12mm to 17mm x 30mm long that I'm not a fan of, so I decided to try and make my own 12mm to 14mm out of em. It sure looks like this may work although I'm not done yet. I can't make anymore noise tonight with the kids in bed, and tomorrow is booked so I'll try and finish up Friday... We'll see.
Method to my madness - I have a shopsmith mark v that can be used as a table saw, end mill, disc sander, etc. So using the disc sander with the movable quill and a stop block I took 1.5mm off of each flat. Cut off the threaded ends, which I might need as spacers on the outside of the wheel - I can't tell if the barrel nut is threaded deep enough to cut in off and still thread it onto the axle stub. One drawback is I had to drill out the center of a rim to fit the barrel nut through, but it was only 1 size up on the bit size (either 1/32 or 1/64 bigger, I can't remember). So far so good, but it sure seems like a lot of work for an rc car! Special note - I did not hold anything by hand when doing this! And thank God, cuz the heat generated was rediculous enough to turn the black extender brown.

Well, I guess I'll find out what's gonna break first, but these homemade spacers pushed the wheels out about 25mm. A little excessive, but for every 10 bad ideas I have I tend to have 1 good one!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back