Hex bits for a power driver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
69921844-BAB1-4F7A-8576-6DEDD749CA16.png
Try again

I want to pick up a small power driver to use for maintenance on my Granite 4x4. What kind of hex bits does everyone use with your power drivers and where can I find them? I want something good that won't strip easily. I currently need a 1.5mm, 2mm, and a 2.5mm. small metric hex bits seem hard to find in a hardware store.
I just ordered some wiha hex bits from Amazon .

76090-WIH 084705760902​

I beleive there the best bits for the money. I also believe wiha are very good. Hard to find a hex power driver set though. I’m an electrician so I need the best tools for all the screwing around i do.

I just ordered some wiha hex bits from Amazon .

76090-WIH 084705760902​

I beleive there the best bits for the money. I also believe wiha are very good. Hard to find a hex power driver set though. I’m an electrician so I need the best tools for all the screwing around i do.
Looks like the smallest in that set is 2.5mm. IMHO, in the bigger sized, like 2.5 and larger, for our cars you don't need super high quality, just decent/not crap tools. The small 1.5 and 2.0 are hard to find in "not china crap" and especially in that 1.5 size. The difference in quality between a MIP and middle quality is the MIP will last years before it rounds enough to start stripping screws, as where a mid-grade will start to round after a few re-builds of your favorite RC. The China cheap 1.5, don't bother, they will strip screws before your first rebuild is done. But, that screw stripped by the cheap tool will still probably come out with a 2-3 year old MIP. :)

Looks like the smallest in that set is 2.5mm. IMHO, in the bigger sized, like 2.5 and larger, for our cars you don't need super high quality, just decent/not crap tools. The small 1.5 and 2.0 are hard to find in "not china crap" and especially in that 1.5 size. The difference in quality between a MIP and middle quality is the MIP will last years before it rounds enough to start stripping screws, as where a mid-grade will start to round after a few re-builds of your favorite RC. The China cheap 1.5, don't bother, they will strip screws before your first rebuild is done. But, that screw stripped by the cheap tool will still probably come out with a 2-3 year old MIP. :)
Your so right. I ordered some single wera 1.5 and 2 mm hex driver bits. They where like 8-9 bucks each. Their stainless and should last forever.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to find Wera bits? I’ve searched and looking for them but cannot find them - something similar to what MIP offers - long and thin bits (1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4 & 5mm ideally as a kit)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back