Hex driver set $15 tight tips!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
So I’ve had this kit in my go bag for the longest time thinking it might be on for in a pinch. Well, I had it out the other day and guess what, these things are awesome. The heads fit into the screws like MIP drivers at a fraction of the cost. Now don’t get me wrong here, I have no idea how they will weather the storm but I’ve been using them quite a bit and they haven’t gotten loose in the screw heads yet so it’s promising... just figured I’d share 💪🏻👍🏻

Apex RC Products 1.5, 2, 2.5 & 3mm Metric 4-in-1 Allen Key Driver #2755 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RQQDBPB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_dU4aGb83C9SEK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=16D0D07BF-DB9F-4D6A-89FA-A4D5F8901A03.png

I got this same set for my boy and yes they fit super tight like my MIP set but downfall is the shafts will break loose on hard wrenching and just spin. Tried loctite and other ways to hold them in and still break free 🤷 but for screws already loosed up or getting them some what tight then using something beefier they work great 👍

I got this same set for my boy and yes they fit super tight like my MIP set but downfall is the shafts will break loose on hard wrenching and just spin. Tried loctite and other ways to hold them in and still break free 🤷 but for screws already loosed up or getting them some what tight then using something beefier they work great 👍
No kidding? I’ve not had this problem and I’ve been using the 3 bit on my outcast 8s in my drill 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe I got a bad set🤷 but ya I loved how tight they fit and used them on my Granite and K6s for a few weeks and then the shaft broke loose on the 2mm 😥

I have the same one. Different name but exact same. One of the shanks went loose where it joins the handle hex and now freezing. Granted, it was tight bolt I loosened.
EDIT: How does free spinning become freezing? Does the forum have its own autocorrect? Because i sure as heck don't have it on my phone...

Last edited:
Might give these a shot. I had ordered some from amazon but the material must suck. The 2.5mm bit is worn out already lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back