Hex driver size to remove driveshaft from diff on Granite 3S BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put ear plugs
I used what I had on hand. I only have foam based plugs on hand. I have 5 types of putty. This was the easiest to grab. It seems to get the job done. Going to make some hits with it today. Charging up packs now.

Yes it is a 3S/4S diff. They are all the same. As you can see, there is plenty of length to spare. It’s not even a close fit.

View attachment 87550
I know its plenty long, that wasn’t the problem I have, it didn’t fit through the hole in the u- joint. I believe you BTW that they worked for you and I’m not mad or trying to be down on your suggestion I hope that’s clear, but it didn’t fit for me. I feel like I’m in bizarro world haha I’m going to have to pull a diff out again to reconcile this. Maybe I was in too much of a hurry and didn’t line it up perfectly or maybe something made in China doesn’t have the highest of tolerance standards haha......to be continued

Last edited:
I found the grub screws on those don't hold on a tough screw and the handle ends up spinning. I have another set that has a flat side to accept the grub screw.
I’ve had to tighten mine once or twice ever. They get used all the time too.

I know its plenty long, that wasn’t the problem I have, it didn’t fit through the hole in the u- joint. I believe you BTW that they worked for you and I’m not mad or trying to be down on your suggestion I hope that’s clear, but it didn’t fit for me. I feel like I’m in bizarro world haha I’m going to have to pull a diff out again to reconcile this. Maybe I was in too much of a hurry and didn’t line it up perfectly or maybe something made in China doesn’t have the highest of tolerance standards haha......to be continued
Sounds like you might have some junk clogging up the hex screw. Try cleaning it up with the 1.5?

I found the grub screws on those don't hold on a tough screw and the handle ends up spinning. I have another set that has a flat side to accept the grub screw.
I had a few loose on arrival, but haven’t loosened since. Probably throw a drop of thread lock on when I get a minute.
Sounds like you might have some junk clogging up the hex screw. Try cleaning it up with the 1.5?
Arrma supplied L-hex fit no problem. Well aside from having to crank the joint to an uncomfortable pressure to insert the hex haha.

Well I couldn’t wait so we have a verdict....I’m a doofus. Thought that screw was deeper in there so when the driver hit and I could see the tip I thought it was hitting the u-joint, it was hitting the screw head. For the second time I’m glad I found this thread and don’t need to look for stinking wrenches again. Thanks johndilly for the suggestion and determination to save me from myself haha
4AAC8CC1-63A2-4B04-9F94-D7DDE15A2414.jpeg

I used what I had on hand. I only have foam based plugs on hand. I have 5 types of putty. This was the easiest to grab. It seems to get the job done. Going to make some hits with it today. Charging up packs now.
I think they sell ear plugs at the medic store for a few bucks and you get 20 of them they look like freaking clear candy to me idk whats the name in the us

I think they sell ear plugs at the medic store for a few bucks and you get 20 of them they look like freaking clear candy to me idk whats the name in the us
We call it a drug store or a pharmacy.

I'm glad I found this thread. I have the MIP drivers that are to short as well. Just ordered these, should be here Monday. To get everything apart, I drilled out the shaft so the MIP driver could fit a little further in. I have new parts to install, so I wasn't worried about weakening the old parts, but drilling them out a little left me the option to keep them in reserve should I need them in a pinch. Thanks @KiwiRC for starting this thread!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back