Big Rock Hex stuck in wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRH

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
The hex is stuck in the wheel and my wheel won't come off. I'm trying to get this assembly off so I can "tap" the hub out with a hex driver and hammer. Am I going about this the right way? Before I go any further and really mess things up.

20210225_180250.jpg

as long as you unscrewed the lug nuts it should come out... i think that you may have "dug" the hexes into the wheel and sorry im not much of a help, but i think that you should try to wiggle the tire around and it might eventually come out of the hex??
The hex is stuck in the wheel and my wheel won't come off. I'm trying to get this assembly off so I can "tap" the hub out with a hex driver and hammer. Am I going about this the right way? Before I go any further and really mess things up.

View attachment 128728
it appears you got some duratrax six packs going on there?? nice tires (y)

So I will have to take out the axle to get the hex out of the wheel? I have already changed 3, but the front right will not slide off of the hex.

20210224_202548.jpg

So I will have to take out the axle to get the hex out of the wheel? I have already changed 3, but the front right will not slide off of the hex.

View attachment 128730
no, you shouldn't have to, i think that the hex just kind of got "dug" in there and is stuck for some reason, im sure there's nothing a little patience and some muscle power can't handle, but worse case scenario, yea you are going to have to take the driveshaft out of the truck 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back