Hex Thread Type

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadioHacktive

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the thread on the 17mm hexes is considered fine or coarse? Safe to assume that the threading on the 17mm hexes for the 4s rigs (and 3s Typhon) is the same style that is on the 6s and 8s rigs as well?

Curious because I'd like use a closed wheel nut instead of the stock, open one.

Just from looks alone, I'd guess its a fine thread. Best way to check is to take the hex over to your local big box hardware store. Most - if not all- of them have a nut and bolt checker so you can test to see what size & thread your item is.

Just from looks alone, I'd guess its a fine thread. Best way to check is to take the hex over to your local big box hardware store. Most - if not all- of them have a nut and bolt checker so you can test to see what size & thread your item is.
I think they are a fine thread as well. I have some Hot Racing hexes they are a different thread than the stock Arrma ones, the Hot Racing ones are bigger with less threads than the Arrma ones.

Thank you both for your answers. I was leaning towards "fine" as well, but wanted a 2nd opinion.

@ZooKeeper That was something I didn't realize hardware stores did, but it makes sense. I'll take that into consideration in the future!

The thread pitch is 12 x 1.0
Yeah I found that too, when I was looking for light kits some titanium wheel hexes popped up under the "results matching fewer words" section on eBay and that is what it said in there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back