Senton Hex wheel adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, go with Traxxas part # 6869. These are 12mm aluminum hexes that fit the 6mm axle and come with captured screw pins! I just installed them on my Granite Mega 4x4, no modifications necessary!

I see that Traxxas #6869 comes with a drill bit. Any idea for what that is for?

I see that Traxxas #6869 comes with a drill bit. Any idea for what that is for?

From the Amain site -
This is a pack of four optional Traxxas Blue 12mm Aluminum Hex Wheel Adapters. Traxxas now makes it possible to add the strongest, most durable front and rear driveshafts to the Rally, Slash 4X4, and Stampede 4X4. Originally designed for the 100+mph XO-1 Supercar, steel-splined driveshafts with 6mm axles can now be added to your favorite 4WD off-road model. The Traxxas 12mm aluminum hex adapters feature a 6mm inner diameter to accept the beefier axles. The 12mm hex adapters are easy to install, compatible with Traxxas short course and rally wheels, and will also fit most standard 12mm hex-style wheels. The rugged machined-aluminum construction provides maximum performance, with custom looks coming from the vivid blue-anodized finish.
Required To Complete:
(2) TRA6451: XO-1 Front Drive Shaft
(2) TRA6452: XO-1 Rear Drive Shaft
(1) TRA6439: XO-1 Steering Block Set
(1) TRA6455: XO-1 Rear Axle Carrier Set
(3) TRA5117: 6x12x4mm Ball Bearing

So I bet the drill bit is to drill out the 5mm wheels to fit the 6mm axles from the X01.

These fit with no modification I, put proline badlands on them, and they look good, bigger than stock but no trim needed

Attachments

• 20180427_155227.jpg
    20180427_155227.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 205
destevez78, lol... sorry, didn't realize you already posted the exact same set up. I also heat treated my axles with a propane torch, they haven't snapped yet

I bought the granite 4x4 mega and wanted to buy extra wheels for the MT.
I read to another thread (my mistake:facepalm: ) that use 12mm hex, later I understand that
the thread was for granite 2wd.

So, for the moment I only can watch "the wheels sit" and can't use :wtf: !
Why they not use the most common hub wheel 12mm hex??
Now I must spent extra money and wait days to recieve.
For the moment this the negative and disadvante I found.

What I make until now, before I read this thread and found that I can do my job
with traxxas 6869 and tekno hexes.

I order some others traxxas hex TRX-1654 that inner hole was 5mm, but found that
the hub must be to one side the hole 5mm and to other 6mm :banghead:
I try to drill the hub but doesn't work perfect.

So now I must found low cost hub wheel that fit to the shaft....
I don't want spend 20-30 euros for the hubs and hope to find some cheaper.

Sorry for my english :happy:

When these cars came out I had mixed feelings:

Finally a 4wd version of the "Fury"!
But why a mega made out of too much plastic compared to the rugged old Fury's and Mojave's?

And then I hear they use 14mm hexes on these cars!
The Fury wheels were bad in the dirt, but decent on hard surfaces and did not wore that much, even on brushless BLX power.

If Traxxas 12mm hexes for these cars, why did Arrma choose differently?
Hopefully somebody will test 17mm too.

These cars are screaming for brushless power! Let's see if BLX versions will come...ever!

I dropped by my local hobby store to check out the Granite/Senton 4x4 BLX and the employee pointed me to a Duratrax 12mm hex conversion for the Arrma's. I haven't seen anyone post this yet, but this is an official part specifically made for the 2.5mm drive pins. The hexes are not captured, so you'll probably want to put a speck of CA glue or shoe goo or something on there to keep them on.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHADZ

I bought the granite 4x4 mega and wanted to buy extra wheels for the MT.
I read to another thread (my mistake:facepalm: ) that use 12mm hex, later I understand that
the thread was for granite 2wd.

So, for the moment I only can watch "the wheels sit" and can't use :wtf: !
Why they not use the most common hub wheel 12mm hex??
Now I must spent extra money and wait days to recieve.
For the moment this the negative and disadvante I found.
And then I hear they use 14mm hexes on these cars!
The Fury wheels were bad in the dirt, but decent on hard surfaces and did not wore that much, even on brushless BLX power.

If Traxxas 12mm hexes for these cars, why did Arrma choose differently?
Hopefully somebody will test 17mm too.

Why 14mm hex? Because 12mm is too easy to strip. With big brushless power, and bigger SCT or MT tires, a 12mm hex has trouble holding the power. With the 14mm, you wheels will last longer. Traxxas has done this, Losi has done this, even some racing SCT's have moved to 14mm, because they are more durable.

Also, Duratrax has finally made a 14mm 2.8 MT rim, and is selling some of their popular 2.8 MT tires as premounts - so we have options!
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVSEARCH=Duratrax+14mm

There is also the option of purchasing the optional Arrma 12mm metal hexs.

There is also the option of purchasing the optional Arrma 12mm metal hexs.

Do you have a part number?

I don’t think 330132 fit, those are for the Fury/Vorteks etc. which I think use a skinnier drive pin.

Go to the Tower Hobbys website and look at the parts list. Personally, I can't wait for them to be released in a couple weeks. Opens the door to a whole segment of tires to run for this line of trucks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back