Kraton Hex6 (8s v.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xSUBtRONiKx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I finally burned up my stock esc after 3 years. The BLX was a great esc on always ran cool with a 12 tooth pinion and delivered plenty of power! My 5s pack puffed when I pushed it passed it's limit in nickle mode. I fried my esc in the process. The BLX185 was a super solid system and I could not have asked any more from it. I should have been more careful and it would have lasted much longer! But now I want to try a different set up. I have the Hex6 8s version and want to pair it with the Hobby Star 4092 1730kv. I know there are people running this combo and they seem to love it and I trust their opinion. The esc is rated for KV<1500. The Max6 also sold as a combo with a 1650KV motor. The KV rating is for 5892 size motor. Would the KV rating on the esc be higher for a smaller can such as the 4092? What I'm asking is...will I kill this esc if I run it with a 17t pinion? If the answer is yes then I will use a different configuration.

I run the SMC 7400 and RCJUICE 5000 100C both 6s with cool down every 15-20 minutes. I will be checking temps more frequently if I run this setups thats for sure. I miss the mark with the Hobbystar for 8s. That would really be pushing it. I always run 6s bricks in my Kraton now that the 5s is gone. 6s is so insane I never really thought about 8s. But never say never...

Last edited:
I run the SMC 7400 and RCJUICE 5000 100C both 6s with cool down every 15-20 minutes. I will be checking temps more frequently if I run this setups thats for sure. I miss the mark with the Hobbystar for 8s. That would really be pushing it. I always run 6s bricks in my Kraton now that the 5s is gone. 6s is so insane I never really thought about 8s. But never say never...

Hope you'll continue to show the results. ??

Finnaly had a chance to test it out today. All I can say is WOW! It has tons of power and speed. The HS 1730 with 17t pinion is faster than the stock BLX with a 12 tooth. Obviously a lot more torque! I am super impressed and I love it! However I did have a couple issues. The motor got hot quick. Ofcourse I forgot my temp gun but it was hot to the touch. The esc and battery were only slightly warm. Do these motors typically run hot? Another issue is that the lvc was kicking in after about 1 minute of running. This happened even with the lvc set to auto low. If i disabled lvc the truck ran fine. However I discovered that bumping the BEC voltage from 6v to 7.4 volts remedied this issue and I was able to use lvc after adjusting the bec. What does this mean and has anyone else experienced this? Performance wise the kraton ran like a beast and I am overall impressed with this setup!

Last edited:
Finally had time to bash today with my buddy and his Outcast. This time I had my temp gun! Everything was good running 6s with a 17 tooth and sand scorpions. The hex6 stayed at 111f and the motor was at 150 after 10 minutes of speeding, jumping, and climbing. Then i decided to really push it and after 10 minutes of full throttle speed runs through medium and tall grass I checkec temps again. This time the esc was at 115 but the motor jumped up to 195! We were also in the sun the whole time and even my transmitter was getting hot! Again I couldn't be happier with the hex6 and the hobbystar. It is a nice upgrade and has a lot more and runs a little less cogging. I plan on leaving this system in for a while but when summer hits I might drop the 1430kv version in for cooler temps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back