Notorious Hexfly 25kg Waterproof Digital Servo Install. HX3225 (Same as DS3225's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
OK. After trying out the 20kg ones I sent those back and picked up the Hexfly versions of the DS3255 servos that are pretty popular. I bought a 2 pack for about $37 shipped one day from Amazon. I know you can get them a lot cheaper but since I had my truck all torn apart I just decided to get the ones from Amazon. As I guessed from my other thread the 25kg ones seem to be slightly shorter than the 20kg's. But even so I had to use the plastic spacers to get the servo to mount tight. But now that its installed all I have to say is WOW. They are fast and powerful. Didnt expect that much of a difference. Anyway now to install the extra one into my Typhon 6s. Pics added.

Attachments

• 20191016_060904.jpg
    20191016_060904.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 160
  • 20191016_083933.jpg
    20191016_083933.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 20191016_084159.jpg
    20191016_084159.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 82
I talked about the DS3225 in an other thread. I bought two, one of them did weird things with two different Tactic Tx/Rx and two different ESCs. The faulty one turn-off the receiver during a short time (~1 second), leting the servo in his last position. This can be reproduice often. And it also make both Rx give a little bit a throttle sometime, very weird. I put one in my BRCC (the non fualty one) and i planed to put the other one in my Kraton, but i won't.

There is a difference with my DS3225 and your Helfly HX3225, mine has the wire in brown, red, orange colors, when yours is black, red, white. Maybe they aren't same, but i would take car about how they work.

I talked about the DS3225 in an other thread. I bought two, one of them did weird things with two different Tactic Tx/Rx and two different ESCs. The faulty one turn-off the receiver during a short time (~1 second), leting the servo in his last position. This can be reproduice often. And it also make both Rx give a little bit a throttle sometime, very weird. I put one in my BRCC (the non fualty one) and i planed to put the other one in my Kraton, but i won't.

There is a difference with my DS3225 and your Helfly HX3225, mine has the wire in brown, red, orange colors, when yours is black, red, white. Maybe they aren't same, but i would take car about how they work.

I noticed that too. But other than that they seem the same. Either way I love them so far. Very fast with lots of torque.

Just ordered a pair as well! Looking forward to upgrading the Kraton 4s and my Slash 4x4. ?? ? Hopefully they both drop in without too much modifications if any ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Custnam, did you move the screw that is in the HR arm? All mine are in the hole furthest down. I don't have any problems like what you are having at all.
F45D8BF7-416C-4FBE-9579-F6A84E0720DA.jpeg

OK. After trying out the 20kg ones I sent those back and picked up the Hexfly versions of the DS3255 servos that are pretty popular. I bought a 2 pack for about $37 shipped one day from Amazon. I know you can get them a lot cheaper but since I had my truck all torn apart I just decided to get the ones from Amazon. As I guessed from my other thread the 25kg ones seem to be slightly shorter than the 20kg's. But even so I had to use the plastic spacers to get the servo to mount tight. But now that its installed all I have to say is WOW. They are fast and powerful. Didnt expect that much of a difference. Anyway now to install the extra one into my Typhon 6s. Pics added.
It's weird how things are listed on amazon. If you search for HX3225 or HX-3225 or HX 3225, you don't find these. They aren't listed as coreless, but are listed as waterproof. I wonder if they have the same coreless motor as the DS3225's.

Custnam, did you move the screw that is in the HR arm? All mine are in the hole furthest down. I don't have any problems like what you are having at all.

No I just left it there. The issue is that when you put the servo into the Armorwerks mount it is just slightly taller than the mounts legs. So to be able to actually tighten it down with the 4 mounting screws some sort of spacer is required, otherwise the bottom of the servo hits the chassis preventing it from tightening down. I took a picture to explain what I mean. Hope that explains what I am meaning.

Attachments

• 20191016_114447 - Copy.jpg
    20191016_114447 - Copy.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 65
So weird!!! Maybe the armorworks was engineered wrong. I have no clue. Sorry bud. I love armorworks, work so well compared to all the other multi piece set ups. Well glad you like the servo, thats what counts. I told ya those servos are the bees kneees. Now go on banggood and order 10 of these and put them in all your rc's. https://www.banggood.com/DSSERVO-DS...&rmmds=cart_middle_products&cur_warehouse=USA

Well the Armorwerks was probably designed with the stock servo in mind. With it there would be no issues. You said you are also using the Armorwerks as well right? Did you have to use any sort of spacer, washer, or something between the servo and the mount like in the pic here attached?

Attachments

• 20191016_114447 - Copy (2).jpg
    20191016_114447 - Copy (2).jpg
    142 KB · Views: 46
Well the Armorwerks was probably designed with the stock servo in mind. With it there would be no issues. You said you are also using the Armorwerks as well right? Did you have to use any sort of spacer, washer, or something between the servo and the mount like in the pic here attached?
I have the Armorwerks in all my 6s rc’s. No washer or spacer needed.

Gotta love amazon. Got the servo in and installed. I wasn’t able to fit the servo 25T arm that comes with and fit the whole thing in the channel. It ultimately was too thick. The hexfly servo is a tad thicker and when I installed the 25T arm it won’t sit flush in the servo area.

I had to reuse the stock servo saver (I know, sucks!) and attach it to the hexfly servo.

Anyone have experience installing this servo in a Kraton 4S or similar chassis? Worth noting, I don’t have any upgrades to the bell crank, arms, etc. all stock...

31164457-394A-4602-A9A8-9EBD2370525F.jpeg
E0DD3A29-41E4-4446-9F7F-CA09B146A603.jpeg

Gotta love amazon. Got the servo in and installed. I wasn’t able to fit the servo 25T arm that comes with and fit the whole thing in the channel. It ultimately was too thick. The hexfly servo is a tad thicker and when I installed the 25T arm it won’t sit flush in the servo area.

I had to reuse the stock servo saver (I know, sucks!) and attach it to the hexfly servo.

Anyone have experience installing this servo in a Kraton 4S or similar chassis? Worth noting, I don’t have any upgrades to the bell crank, arms, etc. all stock...

View attachment 51057View attachment 51058

I ran into a couple small issues as well, but this was in the 6s. So Im not sure what issue you ran into. Might want to post a thread in the Arrma 4x4 forum. Someone there will probably know. Other than that how has it been?

View attachment 51057View attachment 51058
You did the right thing. If you used just the a that came with the servo you wouldn't have any protection for the servo. If you want a better servo saver, get the Kimbrough from Amain. You do have to Dremel it a bit to get it to fit but it is stronger than the stock Arrma servo saver.

^
Sounds good, I actually did the right thing for a change lol ?. I’ll order up the kimbrough as well and Dremel it up. I’ll post pics, details, etc and what not in the 4x4 forum. Thanks all!

sissupr, I did the same thing. Wish hot racing made a setup like they do the 6s rcs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back