Granite Hey all - Granite Voltage issues - wheels spin freely when car is in the air but not much power when on the ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulEd

Reaction score
Hey all - we have had this for 3 months, the other day the car just started to crawl, i've charged up the batteries and although the wheels spin freely when held in the air, the car crawls very slowly when on the ground. Happy to send this back for a fix, but would like to know if this is an easy fix for me to do first?
Cheers
Paul...

Hey all - we have had this for 3 months, the other day the car just started to crawl, i've charged up the batteries and although the wheels spin freely when held in the air, the car crawls very slowly when on the ground. Happy to send this back for a fix, but would like to know if this is an easy fix for me to do first?
Cheers
Paul...
I had this issue with my granite. Tightened up the slipper clutch and it was flipping on its back with a shot of throttle.

The voltage doesn’t have a slipper clutch , more than likely it’s the out drives on the diff side there plastic and strip out and are the first things to Go on that car.
Also check your pinion. If the diff spins the wheels in opposite directions that'd be my first point of call for checking no power...

Looked at the exploded view and everything is plastic, no clutch of any kind apparently so it's gonna be something broke or the pinion came loose...

My daughter has one of these the weakest point is the out drives followed by the diff gears even though there metal they break really easy. I put the Kraton out drives on mine,now it just breaks diffs so I just stock up.

Hate to say it but the voltage seems very much a moving from toy to hobby grade but not really model...TBH, you'd be better off just saving your money and buying a 3s model. For $120 more you get some juice that is well worth the squeeze. Unfortunately the voltage seems to be the most toy grade thing Arrma has ever made :(

Hate to say it but the voltage seems very much a moving from toy to hobby grade but not really model...TBH, you'd be better off just saving your money and buying a 3s model. For $120 more you get some juice that is well worth the squeeze. Unfortunately the voltage seems to be the most toy grade thing Arrma has ever made :(
I won’t disagree with you , but it has its place. Other than the couple of issues it’s actually really durable , I bought one for my 8 year old it didn’t break the bank and she’s learning on it before something bigger and better. I actually don’t mind driving it around the yard once and a while when’s she’s tired of driving ,it’s a different change of pace from my outcast.

I won’t disagree with you , but it has its place. Other than the couple of issues it’s actually really durable , I bought one for my 8 year old it didn’t break the bank and she’s learning on it before something bigger and better. I actually don’t mind driving it around the yard once and a while when’s she’s tired of driving ,it’s a different change of pace from my outcast.
Don't get me wrong, like the iphone, it has its place in the world. I'm just thinking that if it's breaking all the time it might mean you're ready to move to the next level ;)

My son's Granite Voltage having the same issue over the weekend. We noticed there's a gear clashing noise from the rear-drive system for weeks until yesterday when it's beginning to slip. Pinion and spur gears aren't the problem, I believe it's the rear differential assembly is faulty.

Check the drive cups most likely second check the diff output gears there pot metal and very small.

My son's Granite Voltage having the same issue over the weekend. We noticed there's a gear clashing noise from the rear-drive system for weeks until yesterday when it's beginning to slip. Pinion and spur gears aren't the problem, I believe it's the rear differential assembly is faulty.
You should take off the motor gear cover and pull out the spur and drive gear combo (it just pops out) then try rolling the truck on the ground and if you have grinding again odds are your right and the idler gear and/or differential gear needs replace. Lucky for you they're really cheap and they are sold together as a set.

The
IMG-20201004-WA0001.jpeg

The diff outdrive is completely worn out.

Save your self a headache and by the metal Kraton 6s diff cups there a perfect fit.
Are you sure Kraton 6s diff outdrive compatible with the Granite Voltage? Is seems very different!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back