Hey all, i need some advice on taking a nitro monster gt and going electric with arrma parts if that's at all possible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shmooze

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty efficient when it comes to working on my 3 sentons and my notorious but I'm no good at modifications, I'm not sure if arrma parts can be made to fit or if anyone knows what parts I would need to electrify the MGT, I would appreciate some advice. Thank you all for your time and help!

Can't give a lot of help as I'm not familiar with the MGT at all but I think the biggest issue will be mounting certain parts. Not sure if there is an electric version of the MGT you could look at for say the motor mount and compare with the spektrum motor mounting holes to see if it is compatible etc. Like I said I think that is going to be the hardest part besides the motor, servo etc a lot of parts have to be mounted with specific mounting holes and parts.

Last edited:
You're probably better off searching/buying parts that were made for the Team Associated Rival MT 1/8 scale that's been discontinued. It was basically an electric MGT with a stretched chassis. Good luck with the build.

Can't give a lot of help as I'm not familiar with the MGT at all but I think the biggest issue will be mounting certain parts. Not sure if there is an electric version of the MGT you could look at for say the motor mount and compare with the spektrum motor mounting holes to see if it is compatible etc. Like I said I think k that is going to be the hardest part as besides the motor, servo etc a lot of parts have to be mounted with specific mounting holes and parts.
I myself have never seen an electric version of the mgt but working on the arrmas and mgt, some parts are close enough to drill or mildly modify the mgt part to fit arrma but not too many are compatible. But the servos do fit arrma so thats 1 plus I have.. thank you for your time and help!
You're probably better off searching/buying parts that were made for the Team Associated Rival MT 1/8 scale that's been discontinued. Good luck with the build.
So, MT 1/8 scale is round about compatible with MGT. I'll have to look into that, yea the MGT has been out of date as far as I am! Thank you for your time and help!
I myself have never seen an electric version of the mgt but working on the arrmas and mgt, some parts are close enough to drill or mildly modify the mgt part to fit arrma but not too many are compatible. But the servos do fit arrma so thats 1 plus I have.. thank you for your time and help!

So, MT 1/8 scale is round about compatible with MGT. I'll have to look into that, yea the MGT has been out of date as far as I am! Thank you for your time and help!
You're right, they are pretty close in looks for sure, I didn't know MT 1/8 scale would be enough to bring something up but there it was! Thanks again, I knew some fellow arrma basher would give me a direction to follow, BASH ON BROTHER!

Last edited:
I would also take into consideration the other things that may need to change - possibly the transmission and drivetrain. I looked into this once - and unless you're doing this just to do it, it was a million times easier and cheaper to get something that already exists.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back