Florida Hey anyone around Tampa Florida area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orlando? I guess i could do a drive. Any clubs there or just meet ups

Lake Park has an RC track and there are always people around. It also has a BMX track which is not open for RC use but they have a pratice track right next to it that is available. Just be nice and leave it to the kids if there is a conflict. There is always some contention as it not for 'motorized' vehicles but that is intended to not have e-scooters or motorbikes on that track. Stay polite and explain that to whoever is complaining. There are no signs, lets not get to a point where they will put some up, else it has plenty open spaces. Any park will do, haven't checked Carrollwood park. Fairly new to this myself and looking for good spots that has a bit more than just flat grass.
Enjoy!

I’m up in the New Port Richey area and having the same problem of finding good bashing spots...just hitting whatever construction sites me and my son can find. We do have a local track here in NPR (Dean’s Discount Hoddys) haven’t tried it yet but I hear it’s good...racing events usually every weekend. I’m fairly new to this amazing RC game and may be a little green to hit the track.

Same here managed to break the front lower shock mount my first time out. It’s a great truck tho

Nice. Would be great to find a common bashing area around here

If you find a good bashing spot post it I will do same. I’m looking for a place I can do some jumping

Ditto, ended up ordering a ramp. Was going to take the DIY route but typically I'll end up spending more :unsure:. Plenty of open grass and roads but Florida sure is flat. ;)

Oliver79 / -IronMan- / jkflow I am going to go check out this track out that's called - SS RACEWAY in Lutz, FL. I know this video a bit old but the track is still up and running! As far as I know they will let you run your 1/8scale but not sure what days they let you! That's one of the reason why I went with my 3s #Typhon so I can to get into racing my buggy since they do have a 1/10 scale heat which my 3s #Typhon qualifies for. I have already reached out to the owner to get some more details!!! What are your thoughts guys?

SS RACEWAY CLUB RACE || Tampa Fl

I saw some post about this place before. Let me know
Hey I’m building a drag car and planning to get into speed runs anyone interested in something like this ?

Last edited:
I have a limitless coming in and I’ll race ur infraction against mine lol ? if u get one I’m setting it up for drag racing

More info is always good and will probably check it out at some point.
Not too interested in tracks myself and 1/8th is typically not very welcome on those tracks.

Drag race is on, I'll just convert my Talion back to street and that should make for some good times. I had it up to 75mph before I converted back to bashing.

jkflow sounds good mine is going to be a bit longer than urs and still trying to figure out gearing on it. Looking for a place to test it out right now I have it at 2:1 but it’s an infraction/typhon hybrid

Oliver79 / -IronMan- / jkflow I am going to go check out this track out that's called - SS RACEWAY in Lutz, FL. I know this video a bit old but the track is still up and running! As far as I know they will let you run your 1/8scale but not sure what days they let you! That's one of the reason why I went with my 3s #Typhon so I can to get into racing my buggy since they do have a 1/10 scale heat which my 3s #Typhon qualifies for. I have already reached out to the owner to get some more details!!! What are your thoughts guys?

SS RACEWAY CLUB RACE || Tampa Fl
Lake park track is in Lutz. SS raceway is on broadway near 41 and I4.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back