Florida Hey anyone around Tampa Florida area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's mixed. I'm available.

On-road is typically Saturday mornings in St.Pete/largo, Pinellas Park High School. Should be there next Saturday 4/11 ~ 10AM on the big parking lot/bus stop. If interested, I can provide more details.

Off-road has died a little, but if anyone has a good spot I'm willing to travel. We used to do it same spot just across the road on gras with ramp.

It's mixed. I'm available.

On-road is typically Saturday mornings in St.Pete/largo, Pinellas Park High School. Should be there next Saturday 4/11 ~ 10AM on the big parking lot/bus stop. If interested, I can provide more details.

Off-road has died a little, but if anyone has a good spot I'm willing to travel. We used to do it same spot just across the road on gras with ramp.
Crap….that’s as close as could possibly be but of course I am stuck being a wage slave on saturdays 10 to 5

Always open for suggestions, it's only 2 of us that are somewhat regular.

I typically run boats ~12PM on Saturday & Sunday at Lake Seminole.
Cars I do prior to that. Just need to know if someone will show, I don't like traveling 25mi one way just to bash by myself.

More local, I use a AMC parking lot or a semi park that is not overrun with rangers that will chase you away.
Citrus Hill Mall area.

Lake Park has an RC track and there are always people around. It also has a BMX track which is not open for RC use but they have a pratice track right next to it that is available. Just be nice and leave it to the kids if there is a conflict. There is always some contention as it not for 'motorized' vehicles but that is intended to not have e-scooters or motorbikes on that track. Stay polite and explain that to whoever is complaining. There are no signs, lets not get to a point where they will put some up, else it has plenty open spaces. Any park will do, haven't checked Carrollwood park. Fairly new to this myself and looking for good spots that has a bit more than just flat grass.
Enjoy!
I know this is an old post, but I have been recent to this track and it seems to be in good condition at least to my untrained eye
Oliver79 / -IronMan- / jkflow I am going to go check out this track out that's called - SS RACEWAY in Lutz, FL. I know this video a bit old but the track is still up and running! As far as I know they will let you run your 1/8scale but not sure what days they let you! That's one of the reason why I went with my 3s #Typhon so I can to get into racing my buggy since they do have a 1/10 scale heat which my 3s #Typhon qualifies for. I have already reached out to the owner to get some more details!!! What are your thoughts guys?

SS RACEWAY CLUB RACE || Tampa Fl
It is not in Lutz but in Tampa and this from their website as Jun 2022
Hobby Shop Hours:
M-F 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Sat & Sun – open during our race program

Track Hours:
Off-Road Practice:
($20.00 Fee)
Monday 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Tuesday 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm
W-Th-Fri 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm

Racing:
Off-Road Racing every Sunday
Track opens at 10:00 am
Racing at 12:00 noon
$20.00

Classes: 2wd, 4wd, 2wd Stadium Truck, 4wd Stadium Truck, Short Course, 1/8 E. Buggy, 1/8 Nitro Buggy

On-Road Racing the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month
Track opens at 10:00 am
Racing at 12:00 noon
$20.00

Classes: Touring, USGT, VTA
For More Information please visit our Facebook page or call 813-601-7227
(please call before planning your visit to confirm dates and time)

Last edited:
Lake park is frequently busy and well maintained if you are into track racing.
Racing outside the track is prohibited, you find out quickly if you try.

Can't see myself paying $20/day at the other place.

Lake park is frequently busy and well maintained if you are into track racing.
Racing outside the track is prohibited, you find out quickly if you try.

Can't see myself paying $20/day at the other place.
I went to Lake Park in Father's day and at one point I was the only one. I am planning to go Monday, July 4th if is open. They had their last race for the season this past Sunday.

Regarding the other track, I agree that $20 to use it is unreal but it is a private track, not only that is an hour from my house

I am today at the Lake Park track. It is a little muddy in some areas but the sun is doing its part

D94FC84D-EBFC-4205-B997-DDCBED038321.jpeg

2B9F63EF-3D31-4C73-8F46-B8B78F79FDD1.jpeg

52B9DDFC-F36D-45E0-B4A4-E16EA4DC05C8.jpeg

23A90217-9CB2-4EFC-B822-96091D6FCD16.jpeg

2420E25A-ADEB-4ECA-9C46-C4992620BD8E.jpeg

Looks nice
You have it all to yourself today!!? 🤣
I’m up in the New Port Richey area and having the same problem of finding good bashing spots...just hitting whatever construction sites me and my son can find. We do have a local track here in NPR (Dean’s Discount Hoddys) haven’t tried it yet but I hear it’s good...racing events usually every weekend. I’m fairly new to this amazing RC game and may be a little green to hit the track.
Epic rc complex up there by you!?

About the same from where I'm at, and the $20 tag per day is a bit steep.
Gas $10, entry $20 plus all the breakage adds up quickly 🤪

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back