Hey everyone, new poster / owner here! LOVING this brute, I just have a question about the metal slipper clutch on a Big Rock V3…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erm8396

Reaction score
First off, the first “real” RC that I ever had was a Traxxas stampede in 1997. My dad dabbled in rc, and he STILL has his late 80’s / early 90’s monster truck…I’m gonna take a look at it and see what it exactly is, take pictures, and maybe some of you veterans can help me out / identify it / give some feedback?? I just got back into RC in the last year…bought a nitro (they were EXPENSIVE back in the early 90’s, and my parents surely couldn’t afford it. And it’s a rustler, if you were wondering!), so I grabbed one after a brutal week of work…then got Covid. :rolleyes: That thing is a BLAST…have to still break my dynamite.19 in fully. Can’t wait!

This brings me to my big rock V3…and MAN have things changed. This thing is HILARIOUSLY fast. 4wd and it’s popping wheelies?! AWESOME. Again - I’m going to be 40 next week (s*#% SUUUUUCKS), so my rc experience is VERY limited…couldn’t always make it to the hobby shop when I was younger, but I’ve been learning things through this forum, so thank you all for that!

I’ve researched the usual suspects with this truck, but I’m going to fix as needed. I DID get a new metal slipper clutch assembly (arrma brand), and wanted to ask - do I adjust it the exact way that the stock is adjusted?? I know that may be a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for your help, and ANY suggestions are welcome & appreciated! Glad to be here! - *sez the (pretty much all over again) newbie*
*any suggestions for upgrades.

I’m not bashing hard at all…yet! I’m gonna build some jumps with my stepson when it starts getting warmer, for sure.

Yes, just like the stock one adjust it carefully. The hub threads can strip and a small brass bushing inside can pop off if over tightened even a little bit too much.

First off, the first “real” RC that I ever had was a Traxxas stampede in 1997. My dad dabbled in rc, and he STILL has his late 80’s / early 90’s monster truck…I’m gonna take a look at it and see what it exactly is, take pictures, and maybe some of you veterans can help me out / identify it / give some feedback?? I just got back into RC in the last year…bought a nitro (they were EXPENSIVE back in the early 90’s, and my parents surely couldn’t afford it. And it’s a rustler, if you were wondering!), so I grabbed one after a brutal week of work…then got Covid. :rolleyes: That thing is a BLAST…have to still break my dynamite.19 in fully. Can’t wait!

This brings me to my big rock V3…and MAN have things changed. This thing is HILARIOUSLY fast. 4wd and it’s popping wheelies?! AWESOME. Again - I’m going to be 40 next week (s*#% SUUUUUCKS), so my rc experience is VERY limited…couldn’t always make it to the hobby shop when I was younger, but I’ve been learning things through this forum, so thank you all for that!

I’ve researched the usual suspects with this truck, but I’m going to fix as needed. I DID get a new metal slipper clutch assembly (arrma brand), and wanted to ask - do I adjust it the exact way that the stock is adjusted?? I know that may be a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for your help, and ANY suggestions are welcome & appreciated! Glad to be here! - *sez the (pretty much all over again) newbie*
*any suggestions for upgrades.

I’m not bashing hard at all…yet! I’m gonna build some jumps with my stepson when it starts getting warmer, for sure.
Welcome to AF!!!

Welcome erm! Enjoy your Big Rock! I just got a 3's Senton. Yes, they are stupid fast! Suggest upgrading as needed. Pretty stout out of the box! Enjoy!

Welcome! Do the repairs yourself and learn. It half the fun of the hobby. Plus once you know the rig well you are not so afraid of sending it. Leading to even more fun. BR is the only 3s I have left. It’s a great rig.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back