Infraction Hey guys just got the infration yea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC enabler

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
Is there any pointers or tips anybody can give me on the new infraction I've always been a basher never the street so I'm just going to tinker around with it and see what happens what upgrades are something that should be done right away I just want to you know spend lots of money on it like I did my 8s LOL thanks for your tips

IMG_20210930_095513.jpg

If you're not running for speed but rather hooning around in the parking lot, stick with lower tooth count pinions so everything runs cooler and you don't run the risk of overheating things.

Also, don't hit the handbrake while under power because you will cook the center diff.

Edit: if you have the means to print a set of fenders, do so - or buy some scorched fenders because they really do help to keep the rubber bits and gravel out of the chassis

EA998D8D-6633-4A91-A9E3-7646C905A3B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Super cool! If your just hoon’n around, I did my diffs 50k F/500k C/30k R and it handles like a dream. 😎
Other than that it’s golden. 👌

Buy spare tyres. Lots of them! Or at the very least 2 pairs to replace the ones you have. The stock Hoon tyres wear out very quickly if drifting or doing burnouts on average concrete or asphalt. You could get aftermarket on road tyres like GRPs instead

There are 3 different tyre compounds for Hoons - Gold, White (stock) or Silver:
D4YY82YQ8T2W4U6YTD3Y9WY2WQ9ZRDYAZMEBDAY8PQN89HGMDH.jpg

I'd also advise to pull the diffs and check the oil levels. They're often underfilled from the factory. I actually strip down any new RC I get, but that'll be your call

If you're not running for speed but rather hooning around in the parking lot, stick with lower tooth count pinions so everything runs cooler and you don't run the risk of overheating things.

Also, don't hit the handbrake while under power because you will cook the center diff.

Edit: if you have the means to print a set of fenders, do so - or buy some scorched fenders because they really do help to keep the rubber bits and gravel out of the chassis

View attachment 171815
Oh ok great tip and yeah just want to hoon around yep good to know thanks
Super cool! If your just hoon’n around, I did my diffs 50k F/500k C/30k R and it handles like a dream. 😎
Other than that it’s golden. 👌
Ok thanks for that aseell
Buy spare tyres. Lots of them! Or at the very least 2 pairs to replace the ones you have. The stock Hoon tyres wear out very quickly if drifting or doing burnouts on average concrete or asphalt. You could get aftermarket on road tyres like GRPs instead

There are 3 different tyre compounds for Hoons - Gold, White (stock) or Silver:
View attachment 171806

I'd also advise to pull the diffs and check the oil levels. They're often underfilled from the factory. I actually strip down any new RC I get, but that'll be your call
I did pick up one extra set for now the white set

So what web site has the unter finders

Last edited:

So what web site has the unter finders

Scorched RC has the inner fenders. They are essential. I would also jack up the pre-load on the front to prevent heavy braking destroying the front splitter, or just take it off all together. All the other aftermarket parts I run on my Infraction (lots of aluminum) are for looks only really and make the car super heavy, not great if you decide to do speed runs.

Also set your camber! This thing eats tires and a poorly set camber just makes the problem even worse. I switched to running GRP's with an S7 compound only to extend the life of tires and my wallet.

I also switched from the stock heatsink to a dual 40mm setup from Alza racing and that keeps temps down. Reducing your timing to 0 also helps keep temps way down at the expense of a little bit of top end.

My very heavy, but shiny baby:

20210825_130438.jpg

20210821_001255.jpg

Scorched RC has the inner fenders. They are essential. I would also jack up the pre-load on the front to prevent heavy braking destroying the front splitter, or just take it off all together. All the other aftermarket parts I run on my Infraction (lots of aluminum) are for looks only really and make the car super heavy, not great if you decide to do speed runs.

Also set your camber! This thing eats tires and a poorly set camber just makes the problem even worse. I switched to running GRP's with an S7 compound only to extend the life of tires and my wallet.
Great info thanks I really like this forum

Is there any pointers or tips anybody can give me on the new infraction I've always been a basher never the street so I'm just going to tinker around with it and see what happens what upgrades are something that should be done right away I just want to you know spend lots of money on it like I did my 8s LOL thanks for your tips

View attachment 171803

Welcome to the Infraction club...

Hmm so if I were buying this again to know what I know now:

• Fans - she runs hot when bashing. Good fans and like another person said the motor timing in the ESC does not need to be at 22.5deg if you are just bashing. Move it down
  • Skids plates - would have been nice to have them early to protect certain screws that get eaten when the chassis dips in the hard drip turn
  • DX5C - If you like AVC, having the DX5C is nice to control the 3 AVC controls you cannot adjust with the stock radio

There are other items I could name but looking at "min" what would have made my bashing better on budget and at a beginning level. Lots more that can be done!

• Fans - she runs hot when bashing. Good fans and like another person said the motor timing in the ESC does not need to be at 22.5deg if you are just bashing. Move it down
  • Skids plates - would have been nice to have them early to protect certain screws that get eaten when the chassis dips in the hard drip turn
  • DX5C - If you like AVC, having the DX5C is nice to control the 3 AVC controls you cannot adjust with the stock radio

There are other items I could name but looking at "min" what would have made my bashing better on budget and at a beginning level. Lots more that can be done!

I do have the dx5 I'm planning on binding in asap and skid plates good call

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back