Hey hoping someone can help me with a problem I have.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
You guys are always so helpful around here so I was hoping someone could help me. I have a home theater setup, RCA 60" 4K TV, Yamaha rx-v475 receiver, cable box and LG Blu Ray player. When I turn on my Blu Ray I get this, everything else works fine.
20200118_194859.jpg

20200118_194951.jpg

I have an HDMI cable going from the receiver to the TV, the cable box and Blu ray are connected via hdmi to my receiver. The Blu ray player is connected to the hdmi 1 port currently, the cable box is connected to hdmi 2.

I replaced all of my HDMI cables, I swapped the cable box and Blu Ray inputs, I plugged it in all of the other HDMI inputs, I even tried another Blu Ray player and it still does this. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

The cable box works fine no matter what port I plug it in this issue only occurs with both of my Blu ray players and it started out of nowhere.

I know for sure the extra blu ray player works with another TV i will make sure that the LG one works

Last edited:
Have you tried only plugging in the bluray? Is there an additional port to plug into? Does the bluray also have the red,yello,white outputs you can try? Can you try bluray on another tv?

Shoot I should have given a better description of how things are plugged in sorry.

Op edited
Umm color tube is going out
Color tube? On an led TV? But either way the cable box and the built in Roku work fine.

Sorry just to confirm. The Bluray player in question is connected to a receiver, then the receiver to the TV? If so have you tried the Bluray direct to the TV? If that works then its the receiver, or the Bluray and receiver just don't play nice together.
Yes blu ray to receiver, receiver to TV.
I'm thinking it's the blu ray and receiver aren't play well together and there is a setting somewhere I need to change.

Looks like a failure of the hardware board, likely a decoder if all settings are correct and cables are all tested good. You can always plug the setup into another tv and you’d instantly know your answer.

So just to update, it has something to do with the receiver for sure, but only when a blu ray player is plugged in. The LG and Sony Blu Ray both work when connected directly to the tv. The cable box works no matter where it's plugged in, well except for the output on the receiver obviously.

So just to update, it has something to do with the receiver for sure, but only when a blu ray player is plugged in. The LG and Sony Blu Ray both work when connected directly to the tv. The cable box works no matter where it's plugged in, well except for the output on the receiver obviously.
Id say reset the receiver if you can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back