Vendetta hey speed demons <3 Is it fine to start the journey with the Vendetta?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bukshypro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon TLR
  3. Vorteks
I like the Vendetta, however I am a bit concerned by some of the parts being cheap, or is this the case with the Limitless too ? would it be okay to start my speeddaemon journey with the Vendetta? would it not cost a lot or the same as going straight with the Limitless? or it's better to go through the journey? or would you suggest I straight start with the Infraction? (are they not the same anyway btw? )
what are the speeds that we can achieve with Vendetta? I probably would not use the motor, just straight change it.

any advice, tip are welcome :)

I've got 4 speedcars,1 of them is vendetta the others are metal chassis 6s lineup cars..I seriously think I've had the most fun running my detta this last year..I belive its the fastest 2,3,4s detta out there,the detta is much different than the rest,to build 1 upto 140s cost roughly 650-900$ depending on your goals an cell count ya wanna run.imfraction would be more...I'd advise starting with a vendetta just because the parts to fix once you crash will be cheaper,also much easier to work on if your kinda new to rcz.majorityof people give up after they realize how costly it gets or car gets totaled. Detta is good for getting your feet wet ..I plan on 150/4s an 160/5s this next season with mine

I really like the Vendetta great budget car compared to my 6s cars. Almost 50% less.

I am watching some videos tho about the Vendetta and it seems super unstable. I suspect its becuase it comes rather wobbly out of the factory. what upgrades are there available to solve this ? or I should just use a gyro like Raz :D

I like the Vendetta, however I am a bit concerned by some of the parts being cheap, or is this the case with the Limitless too ? would it be okay to start my speeddaemon journey with the Vendetta? would it not cost a lot or the same as going straight with the Limitless? or it's better to go through the journey? or would you suggest I straight start with the Infraction? (are they not the same anyway btw? )
what are the speeds that we can achieve with Vendetta? I probably would not use the motor, just straight change it.

any advice, tip are welcome :)

The biggest challenge with setting up a vendetta would the be suspension and plastic axles/center shaft. The second would be a very limited gearing range fits which means you have to pick your motor KV carefully. Luckily you have experienced users like K-Bash and VWTurbowolf that can guide you.

I personally believe the Infraction V2 or Limitless V2 is "easier" to start speed running with.

It seems to me that you have to mod so many things on the Vendetta that it is better as your 2nd or 3rd project after cutting your teeth on a metal chassis speed runner. There is so much to learn in speed running that it is just silly. At the surface, it seems so simple but this side of the hobby is highly complex and very very very very very expensive.

The biggest challenge with setting up a vendetta would the be suspension and plastic axles/center shaft. The second would be a very limited gearing range fits which means you have to pick your motor KV carefully. Luckily you have experienced users like K-Bash and VWTurbowolf that can guide you.

I personally believe the Infraction V2 or Limitless V2 is "easier" to start speed running with.

It seems to me that you have to mod so many things on the Vendetta that it is better as your 2nd or 3rd project after cutting your teeth on a metal chassis speed runner. There is so much to learn in speed running that it is just silly. At the surface, it seems so simple but this side of the hobby is highly complex and very very very very very expensive.
thanks! I am actually starting an RC business and I was thinking that because I will also do some youtube content with it, I will use some profit as expenses to play around with a speed car. I am a complete noob but that was my thought exactly about the Vendetta, if its all plastic, how do I want to make it do good passes? I just watched a video where a guy almost got his feet hit by it with 80mph :| I'd much rather then start with Limitless 3S and go from there. at least I can make them (probably or mostly) metal.
thanks for your input! I love how the Vendetta looks, its just the lack of proper quality from Arrma that concerns me :/

thanks! I am actually starting an RC business and I was thinking that because I will also do some youtube content with it, I will use some profit as expenses to play around with a speed car. I am a complete noob but that was my thought exactly about the Vendetta, if its all plastic, how do I want to make it do good passes? I just watched a video where a guy almost got his feet hit by it with 80mph :| I'd much rather then start with Limitless 3S and go from there. at least I can make them (probably or mostly) metal.
thanks for your input! I love how the Vendetta looks, its just the lack of proper quality from Arrma that concerns me :/

There are several guys in the 140-160 mph range on those plastic parts.

I'd rather have it run over my feet than slam into my face... getting airborne isn't that unheard of so I'm way off to the side of the road...

I'd rather have it run over my feet than slam into my face... getting airborne isn't that unheard of so I'm way off to the side of the road...
Agreed, I set up a ladder in front of my SUV so that I am protected in 2 ways. + the higher vantage point helps with visibility and radio range.

The harder to tune an get setup to go straight is the fun part..how fast ya looking to go???how much funds ya wanna spend????I honestly only upgraded tires,spool,motor,esc,radio to get 135/4s with detta..would have to do the same with metal chassis...well except spool.hell just buy both...2 weeks of speedrunning you'll be buying a back up car anyway...I've got way more in my swb metal chassis car,an my best is 133/4s...400$ more in just packs,esc,motor than my detta....if all gos as planned detta will be at 150/4s an 160/5s by Easter.these plastic chassis cars have alot more potential than most would,will ever believe..my best 142/4s was with the weakest 65c cnhl 5000mah packs..detta gonna blow some minds here in a couple months..
Agreed, I set up a ladder in front of my SUV so that I am protected in 2 ways. + the higher vantage point helps with visibility and radio range.
Liberty,you really should get a detta,I've had a blast ripping an tuning on mine this year...been seeing 10mph gains over other cars,same packs,escz,gearing.much better logs across the board..

Last edited:
Much more knowledgeable guys here but I added front splitter and replaced all 4 shocks and rear spoiler screw added in the center. Which is enough for me I don't go over 100.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just my opinion, but you can "speed run" any car. Speed running is more of an experience about learning the limits of the truck, experimenting, and pushing the envelope. With that in mind, you could speed run a typhon 3s, typhon 6s, limitless, infraction 6s (or mega), traxxas slash, kraton, or even xmaxx. Shoot, i've run 82mph several times on an HPI Bullet and I have plans to make it to atleast 100 this summer.

i'd consider two things 1) if you just want a taste for speed and don't think you'll go seriously down the rabbit hole of speed running, then the vendetta will probably work just fine for you and save some money, and 2) if you become seriously into speed running, (moreso than the average joe like me, and more along the lines of lickety_split, libertymkiii, or K-bash to name a few), then it probably won't matter which car you pick. You'll likely succeed with any car and probably pick up a few more later down the line.

With that said, i'd just start by picking the truck that most strikes your fancy and having fun with it and then learning and growing from there.

Your advice is invaluable people! Looads of love! 🤗
and btw I didn't mean to be rude regarding the plastic parts. I think I do have a slight OCD and things that aren't perfect are bugging me! I am learning to deal with this and to make compromises but it's a journey :D

Last edited:
Liberty,you really should get a detta,I've had a blast ripping an tuning on mine this year...been seeing 10mph gains over other cars,same packs,escz,gearing.much better logs across the board..

I really would this year but trying to get the 200+ project up and running properly this year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back