Notorious Hi Guys I need a bit of advice regarding how many amps you use to A) storage your lipos and B) discharge you lipos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TadB

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I know the storage voltage should be 3.8/3.85 volts and the discharge voltage should never go below 3.2/3.3 volts but what about the amps ???
The charger that I have is the HTRC T240 DUO touch screen and the lipos I am presently using are the gensacearespammers 6500mAh 11.1v 60C 3S1P EC5 bashing series.

Storage charge at whatever amps you balance charge with. For discharge, just use the chargers max - most chargers can only do 5w to 20w discharge so it will be low amps.

Ok Guys thank you for your input. The info sounds about write. I recently read LiPos should be balance charged and discharged at 1C. Storage charge is still a charge and can also be done at 1C, so with my 6500mAh batteries I will set the charge current to 6.5A the charger will balance it to 3.8v for storage.
Some people might have LiPos the are rated at 2C so in this case one could charge and discharge at say 13.5A for a 6500mAh battery, "always read the battery label". Generally comments on the internet, it is said to prolong the longevity of the battery the charge rate should be done slower at 1C rather than faster.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure how safe or not safe charging/discharging at 2C is, so I just do balance charge at 1c for all my batteries. Does it take longer? Yeah sure, but it's not a big enough difference to potentially lose cycles or damage my packs.

Just 1C all the things, for all the modes.

To be honest, most of the balance charge up from storage won’t draw 2C for long. I haven’t sat and watched to know for sure, but my packs only draw max amps for a short period and then slow their draw as they reach 4.2.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure how safe or not safe charging/discharging at 2C is, so I just do balance charge at 1c for all my batteries. Does it take longer? Yeah sure, but it's not a big enough difference to potentially lose cycles or damage my packs.

Just 1C all the things, for all the modes.

Those two are completely different. You should only CHARGE at under 1C. 1C max.

You can DISCHARGE much higher than your charger can handle with no issues. Batteries that are 50C rated for running in a vehicle can discarge at 10C no problem, easy as pie. Your charger will not likely discharge nearly that high - so discharge at max discharge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back