Hi guys i recently got a limitless with a hobbywing max8 combo 2200kv motor, it came with a receiver but no remote so i improvised and used my hpi tf4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenkzy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Tf40 remote and receiver (no gyro built in receiver) my batteries are overlanders 5000mah 11.1v but they are very old since I bought them 2nd hand to begin with, anyway I'm having trouble with the cars speed, it's only going 30 to 40 and im pulling trigger all the way in, the batteries work fine on my notorious and kraton so I wouldn't have thought it was them. I was going to put my notorious stock motor and esc in to see if it could be hobbywing combo but it's new, anyway I need some help because I want a fast limitless and not one the can't even drift or go fast. Thanks guys

So you're using two 3S batteries in series to make 6S yes?

I'd personally invest in some much better batteries as if they're the ones I think they are they are only 35C rated and most likely not even that especially if they're old.
My recommendation would be a single 6S Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh minimum.

The other thing to check that I think it might be is that have you set the throttle/neutral and brake points up correctly so that when you pull full throttle on the remote the ESC knows that.

So you're using two 3S batteries in series to make 6S yes?

I'd personally invest in some much better batteries as if they're the ones I think they are they are only 35C rated and most likely not even that especially if they're old.
My recommendation would be a single 6S Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh minimum.

The other thing to check that I think it might be is that have you set the throttle/neutral and brake points up correctly so that when you pull full throttle on the remote the ESC knows that.
Hi mate yes using 2 3s batts to make 6s, yes the c rating isnt that good, I'll have a look at the video u sent me, oh and thanks for your reply ?
Calibration maybe?
Yes could try that but If the car is moving shouldn't it already have been done, thanks for your reply mate
What gearing?
Stock mate ?

Yes could try that but If the car is moving shouldn't it already have been done, thanks for your reply mate
Whenever a new transmitter/receiver is installed you have to calibrate the ESC to the proper travel.
Do an ESC calibration per procedure.

Make sure that your throttle trim is set to zero before you do this.

Whenever a new transmitter/receiver is installed you have to calibrate the ESC to the proper travel.

This^ it’s mandatory.

Hi guys right I've just gone through the calibration steps and when I get to the last one which is full brake then press set button it beeps twice green but then it bleeps another 4 times green and that's the problem, it should bleep twice green and thats it, then turn esc off, why the pause then 4 extra beeps? Thanks to all of u for the replies, didn't think anyone would tbh

Honestly I do not know, are you sure that you were in throttle range setup mode?
I typically turn it of after the last setting which will avoid additional beeps :) but according to the manual you should be good to go.
Tricky part is to get into the mode and not be in programming mode.

Here is the note to get into it:
"Start with transmitter on and the ESC turned off but connected to a battery. Holding the SET button and press the ON/OFF button to turn on the ESC, the RED LED on the ESC starts to flash (Note 1 the motor beeps at the same time), and then release the SET button immediately. (The ESC will enter the programming mode if the SET button is not released in 3 seconds, then you need to restart from step 1.)Note 1: Beeps from the motor may be low sometimes, and you can check the LED status instead. "

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back