Kraton Hi, Ive just bought my son the Kraton for Christmas,do I get 4s or 6s lipo? or two 3s ?Also will the brand of battery make a difference ? thankyou

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Pamela, welcome to the forum.. very nice gift for sure, he will love it..👍..

If his rc experience is low I would recommend a single 4s battery to keep top speeds down.. If he has rc experience I would recommend the 6s, or 2 3s batteries..

just be sure the batteries you purchase are at bare minimum 5000mah / 50c.. The higher the numbers the better...

I prefer the two 3s batteries over the one single 6s, mainly because I have 3s rigs.. That choice is completely up to you and the charger he has..👍..

Edit: yes, brand does make a difference, especially on price.. if your looking for the cheaper lines that are decent I would suggest the following..

Zeee
Hoovoo
Chnl
Sokocin
Ovonic

Good luck, and happy holidays to you and your family

A Kraton 6s on 6s batteries is going to be a handful for a ten-year-old. I suggest you start with a single 4s battery and turn the throttle on the transmitter down to 50% or 75% to start with until he gets used to driving the Kraton.

A Kraton 6s on 6s batteries is going to be a handful for a ten-year-old. I suggest you start with a single 4s battery and turn the throttle on the transmitter down to 50% or 75% to start with until he gets used to driving the Kraton.
I could barely handle a brushed slash 2wd on a 7 cell nimh when I was 10, imagine a 6s Kraton!

Hi, Ive just bought my son the Kraton for Christmas,do I get 4s or 6s lipo? or two 3s ?Also will the brand of battery make a difference ? thankyou
I’m assuming you bought the Arrma Kraton 6S BLX? If so, I would start with a single 4S lipo. You might want to buy two, just so you can have fun for a longer time. Run one pack until it’s done, which should be 10-20mins depending on a bunch of factors, and then he can swap packs and keep running while the first one recharges.

Welcome to Forum!! That’s a great Christmas present for sure! Like they have said above I would probably get a 4s, then once he gets used to it, you can go from there if you go for the 6s you can always turn down speed on the controller. Happy Holidays!!

Thank you for your reply, what would you say is the better branded battery ?
Welcome to Forum!! That’s a great Christmas present for sure! Like they have said above I would probably get a 4s, then once he gets used to it, you can go from there if you go for the 6s you can always turn down speed on the controller. Happy Holidays!!
Thank you
I could barely handle a brushed slash 2wd on a 7 cell nimh when I was 10, imagine a 6s Kraton!
I first purchased my son a brushed 4wd top speed being 30mph a year ago , and to be honest his control was amazing. I was surprised to see how much control he had. luckily I live opposite a large open space where he can run it without any obstacles. this year I decided to go bigger and better. im just not sure the best way to go about it. (as in which battery to get )
I foresee a sad new year for the young man!! Hopefully dad can wrench!!🤣🤣
What do you mean ?

Last edited:
Hi, Ive just bought my son the Kraton for Christmas,do I get 4s or 6s lipo? or two 3s ?Also will the brand of battery make a difference ? thankyou
Hello, what lipo battery do you use.
I am thinking of purchasing a arma kraton in the near future but at the moment I am just finding out more about it and what lipo batteries others are using, thanks, andysarmarc.

Thank you

I first purchased my son a brushed 4wd top speed being 30mph a year ago , and to be honest his control was amazing. I was surprised to see how much control he had. luckily I live opposite a large open space where he can run it without any obstacles. this year I decided to go bigger and better. im just not sure the best way to go about it. (as in which battery to get )

What do you mean ?
I was just clownin.. A wreck is inevitable but it will always be repairable!! Just plan ahead for tools and such so when it happens u will be prepared!🤙

Thank you

What do you mean ?

Any of the batteries I listed above will work.. whichever you choose just be sure the numbers are as stated above, and it has a ic5 or a ec5 connector..

The 6s Kraton running on a 4s battery will give it about 30mph speed. (around what you are saying he is used to driving on)

Given your description of how well he drives he may be ready for 6s power. If so I usually recommend 2 of the 3s packs. For getting started Amazon is hard to beat with Hoovoo and Zeee brands pricing. Just make sure the connector of the LiPo is compatible with the car (eC5/iC5)

It may be best to start on 4s and order the 6s setup later if the budget allows buying more batteries. You may also want to read up on LiPo storage and safety. They cannot just be left fully charged or fully discharged like other batteries, if you want them to remain safe and last a long time.

I highly recommend going out with him the first few times to encourage safety. This sort of RC is on another level and will really hurt someone if they get hit by it.

The 6s Kraton running on a 4s battery will give it about 30mph speed. (around what you are saying he is used to driving on)

Given your description of how well he drives he may be ready for 6s power. If so I usually recommend 2 of the 3s packs. For getting started Amazon is hard to beat with Hoovoo and Zeee brands pricing. Just make sure the connector of the LiPo is compatible with the car (eC5/iC5)

It may be best to start on 4s and order the 6s setup later if the budget allows buying more batteries. You may also want to read up on LiPo storage and safety. They cannot just be left fully charged or fully discharged like other batteries, if you want them to remain safe and last a long time.

I highly recommend going out with him the first few times to encourage safety. This sort of RC is on another level and will really hurt someone if they get hit by it.
Thankyou for the advice .Ive decided to get him two 3s batteries. I have a charger but ive heard you can buy dual charging chargers. do you recommend these? if so which is better ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back