Infraction Hi there. New to the Infraction and had a couple of questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the fam!

The Infraction 6S v1 was my first rig! They said tires...cannot disagree.

Runtime - I am like @jkflow. I only get 7-9min of run time. Like him, I am a full-throttle drifting fool...full speed slides/drifts in an empty Target parking lot or similar, so there is tons of room. After 7-9min I rotate the tires front to back, but they are about 60% done at that point. If I complete the second run without rubber flying off the tires, I eat'em. That was not the case when I first got it....but I am over the nervous jitters now, LOL

Weather, temp, and surface you bash on play a lot in what tire to bash. In some cases, Hoons do good and then GRP. It takes some studying for me to know which tires to pull. I seek out new asphalt and smooth lots I do not bash on the stuff that has breaks and cracks on the surface. Warehouse locations are great...similar to what YT'er JayTee does, and so do I.

Best upgrade for me since I am in the hot delta of the south and killer humidity. FANS... damn good fans. Cannot speak for the guys up north, but here in the summer the ground melts. I would hit thermal cut-off in 5min in how I bash. With Game Changer fans, making your own 40mm stalls lipo powered, or https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/ fans I use now to replace GC fans, I can complete a full bash and no thermal cut-off.

All the above posted is valid....heat killed my fun for all my rigs until I stepped up fans for the hot south.

Bash on and enjoy!!
Man good stuff. Appreciate the reply. I think for the most part heat won't be an issue until summer as I'm in the Pacific NW. Good to know about the runtime. I wasn't sure what to expect at all and it seemed pretty quick to me but I guess there's lots of juice being squeezed out in a short amount of time.

Man good stuff. Appreciate the reply. I think for the most part heat won't be an issue until summer as I'm in the Pacific NW. Good to know about the runtime. I wasn't sure what to expect at all and it seemed pretty quick to me but I guess there's lots of juice being squeezed out in a short amount of time.
Honest with you and do not want to water you down. I too started off with all Spektrum batteries and loved them still have but do not use anymore. How I was disappointed as I know now others offer far more power and run time. With the Spektrum and fans, I'd get 5ish min....

Keep what you have, and remember we all bash differently. There are some that get 15min bashing with the Infraction. Not the world I live in for me, :LOL:

Honest with you and do not want to water you down. I too started off with all Spektrum batteries and loved them still have but do not use anymore. How I was disappointed as I know now others offer far more power and run time. With the Spektrum and fans, I'd get 5ish min....

Keep what you have, and remember we all bash differently. There are some that get 15min bashing with the Infraction. Not the world I live in for me, :LOL:
Man what's the good batteries? I've heard references to gens aces and stuff but I just don't know. What's a good brand/battery to run?

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Right now I'm just getting used to it. Hooning it up a little. I realized that at 100% throttle it was a little spooky here on my neighborhood streets so took it over to this little place and just hooned around a bit.

Accidentally ran into a pole and bent the front splitter and bumper. Parts ARA320515, ARA320520 and maybe more! hahaha. So I've got those on order.

Solid. Thank you.

Great idea. Just ordered one.

I'm detecting a trend of more or less keeping it stock.

Fair. I'll get used to the truck and HB for now. I already know I can drift this thing around without one. But it has acted a panic break more than a few times already! These things are pretty fast out of the box!

hahaha. Man that's a lot. Guessing you have tons of batteries and miles on yours.

Solid. Good to know. Thanks for the reply.
The stock Front splitter can be bent back into shape with a hair dryer or heat gun. Been there numerous times. Ripping out the splitter screws underneath also.
Need lots of space with nothing around to hit. So important. Once you figure out that it has long legs.
I prefer speed running and some technical driving more than just burning up the tires.

The stock Front splitter can be bent back into shape with a hair dryer or heat gun. Been there numerous times. Ripping out the splitter screws underneath also.
Need lots of space with nothing around to hit. So important. Once you figure out that it has long legs.
I prefer speed running and some technical driving more than just burning up the tires.
Man definitely! I literally just got done heating up the splitter and bending it back. pretty wild how that bends but didn't break or shatter. But it looks like I'm close to tearing out a couple of the screws. Guess I'll know more once I disassemble it. Thanks for the reply.

Heat gun for sure , and better fans. I bought my hoons in July when 50% off and stocked up. Need two keep a stash 5 Arrma 6s/8s cars. Grp s7 is my go to tire.

Man what's the good batteries? I've heard references to gens aces and stuff but I just don't know. What's a good brand/battery to run?
This is a hard one...many posts about batteries. I will say for me right now I am finding a lot of power and at a cheap cost on the CNHL batteries: https://chinahobbyline.com/

Has a small following here as well.

Heat gun for sure , and better fans. I bought my hoons in July when 50% off and stocked up. Need two keep a stash 5 Arrma 6s/8s cars. Grp s7 is my go to tire.
50% off of Hoons sounds like a super good deal for sure! hahah. Man.
This is a hard one...many posts about batteries. I will say for me right now I am finding a lot of power and at a cheap cost on the CNHL batteries: https://chinahobbyline.com/

Has a small following here as well.
Thanks for the link. Did a quick search. Ships from US / 11.1v / EC5: all out of stock. hahah. Prices seem pretty good. I was checking out Ovonics, Gens Aces and SMCs as well. Do the Spektrum batteries get a lot of hate or what. haha. I'm new to all this.

CNHL, SMC< Gens aces are good choices.
Personally, I can never find any stock on CNHL and not getting up at 5AM when a flash sale starts. At standard price, they are overpriced.
5am and me don’t mix. Hahah. Gens Aces appear to be German? Yeah I’d take something German engineered over Chinese all day long. I’m sure cnhl are fine but maybe if if I ever see some cnhl in stock, maybe I’ll give them a shot.

50% off of Hoons sounds like a super good deal for sure! hahah. Man.

Thanks for the link. Did a quick search. Ships from US / 11.1v / EC5: all out of stock. hahah. Prices seem pretty good. I was checking out Ovonics, Gens Aces and SMCs as well. Do the Spektrum batteries get a lot of hate or what. haha. I'm new to all this.
The question is if you want to take a chance on those overpriced Smart lipos. Most won't. It's only those new to the hobby and lipo Technology that end up buying them. Considering they are supposedly Smart lipos, We get many threads regarding Smart lipos with issues and questions.
And kind of odd considering they are supposedly "easy" to charge and care for.:rolleyes: Supposedly not much to think about when charging them. Until they get all wonky.....
But HH/Spektrum markets them very hard, so many do get sucked into that Smart Eco thing. Like they are Gold or something. And you pay hard for that whole Smart ECO thing.

Last edited:
Fair. I'll get used to the truck and HB for now. I already know I can drift this thing around without one. But it has acted a panic break more than a few times already! These things are pretty fast out of the box!

hahaha. Man that's a lot. Guessing you have tons of batteries and miles on yours.

Solid. Good to know. Thanks for the reply.
I wouldn't rely on the HB as a Panic brake. It's just a crutch. That is where driving skill at the trigger is most important. The HB basically locks the rear end up. That's all. That's also how you trash your rear wheels.
And that HB just Ruins the center diff. Same with my HB on my Fireteam.
If I can't Mix the HB's 3rd channel with my ESC brake making it an "Active Mechanical brake", I will toss it also. Manual control of it is just useless IMHO.

The question is if you want to take a chance on those overpriced Smart lipos. Most won't. It's only those new to the hobby and lipo Technology that end up buying them. Considering they are supposedly Smart lipos, We get many threads regarding Smart lipos with issues and questions.
And kind of odd considering they are supposedly "easy" to charge and care for.:rolleyes: Supposedly not much to think about when charging them. Until they get all wonky.....
But HH/Spektrum markets them very hard, so many do get sucked into that Smart Eco thing. Like they are Gold or something. And you pay hard for that whole Smart ECO thing.
Makes a ton of sense explained that way.

Yeah, buyers remorse sucks. Especially when you have to pay twice to change over to Standard Dumb lipos, down the road. And the Smart stuff is an expensive investment. Kind of locks you into them.
Pick your poison. It's your wallet.;)

I wouldn't rely on the HB as a Panic brake. It's just a crutch. That is where driving skill at the trigger is most important. The HB basically locks the rear end up. That's all. That's also how you trash your rear wheels.
And that HB just Ruins the center diff. Same with my HB on my Fireteam.
If I can't Mix the HB's 3rd channel with my ESC brake making it an "Active Mechanical brake", I will toss it also. Manual control of it is just useless IMHO.
Gotcha gotcha. Makes sense. Well I’m about to go run this thing for the second time, gonna just hoon it a bit and not use the HB. I should make it habit before I make a habit of using the HB. 🤙

Yeah, buyers remorse sucks. Especially when you have to pay twice to change over to Standard Dumb lipos, down the road. And the Smart stuff is an expensive investment. Kind of locks you into them.
Pick your poison. It's your wallet.;)

Got me for sure...I was all in Spektrum, although I still like their charger for my non-smart batteries. I "could" maybe live with the extra cost if they had more run time. Two 3S 5000mah lipo and one being Spektrum, I was floored on the short run time running the rigs in the same mannor. Only once I got better to see the difference and over the fear of crashing the Infraction, I could then study the batteries and their performance.

Gotcha gotcha. Makes sense. Well I’m about to go run this thing for the second time, gonna just hoon it a bit and not use the HB. I should make it habit before I make a habit of using the HB. 🤙

I think about all my early crashes with the Infraction...new and fear of all that power plus I did not want to run it at 50-75%...100% throttle setting as a newbie... I wanted to learn fast and not fear all that power, but it cost me in parts then but not now.

The hardest part for me was learning how to stop it when out of control. Handbrake would not have helped me when I think back but learning how to maneuver and steer out. As well as learning to stop looking at the RC and look up more often to see where I am headed...fixing on the car you can run right into something or the curve. I'm 50 so my reaction time is not as good as the younger guys, but I have forced myself to get better which has resulted in fewer crashes or broken parts from bad roads or sewer grates in the lots.

Like a real 1-1 car, hooning around with it to learn how it reacts. I keep the brakes at 100% via ECS only for the Infraction, but I only tap on the brakes even when I come to a stop, on/off, on/off. Unless some fool car shoots across the Target parking lot, I will slam on it but that does heat up the motor when ESC is at 100% brake. When I had the stock radio DX3, I still set the ESC to 100% but dialed it down on the DX3 to about 65-85% so having the brake knob was nice if I wanted to turn it up...or vary it in any way. Not killing the tires vs the HB locking up the rear and overworking the center diff.

Just sharing....right now, keep running and bashing. You will get the feel soon.

Got me for sure...I was all in Spektrum, although I still like their charger for my non-smart batteries. I "could" maybe live with the extra cost if they had more run time. Two 3S 5000mah lipo and one being Spektrum, I was floored on the short run time running the rigs in the same mannor. Only once I got better to see the difference and over the fear of crashing the Infraction, I could then study the batteries and their performance.

I think about all my early crashes with the Infraction...new and fear of all that power plus I did not want to run it at 50-75%...100% throttle setting as a newbie... I wanted to learn fast and not fear all that power, but it cost me in parts then but not now.

The hardest part for me was learning how to stop it when out of control. Handbrake would not have helped me when I think back but learning how to maneuver and steer out. As well as learning to stop looking at the RC and look up more often to see where I am headed...fixing on the car you can run right into something or the curve. I'm 50 so my reaction time is not as good as the younger guys, but I have forced myself to get better which has resulted in fewer crashes or broken parts from bad roads or sewer grates in the lots.

Like a real 1-1 car, hooning around with it to learn how it reacts. I keep the brakes at 100% via ECS only for the Infraction, but I only tap on the brakes even when I come to a stop, on/off, on/off. Unless some fool car shoots across the Target parking lot, I will slam on it but that does heat up the motor when ESC is at 100% brake. When I had the stock radio DX3, I still set the ESC to 100% but dialed it down on the DX3 to about 65-85% so having the brake knob was nice if I wanted to turn it up...or vary it in any way. Not killing the tires vs the HB locking up the rear and overworking the center diff.

Just sharing....right now, keep running and bashing. You will get the feel soon.
50 here as well! Hahaha. Good stuff. Appreciate the reply. Just ran through 2 sets of batteries today and definitely have improved! 100% throttle is just too much around my streets and areas. 75% seems the sweet spot for drifting and hooning on these damp parking lots. Tons of fun.

I’m learning to start that brake/gas drift like way before entering the corner rather than waiting to be in the corner. Running long / wide through the turns is kinda nerve wracking with curbs all around. Lmao.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back