Infraction Hi there. New to the Infraction and had a couple of questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
First, it's nice to see such an active forum and awesome members from what I can tell by briefly running through some posts and doing some searches. Nice community!

Second, what an absolute ripper these trucks are. I just picked up the 1/7 INFRACTION 6S BLX V2 ALL-ROAD TRUCK RTR, BLUE and some general questions for anyone who might know.

I also picked up the SMART G2 POWERSTAGE 6S SURFACE BUNDLE: 3S 5000MAH LIPO BATTERY (50C) (2) / S2200 G2 CHARGER combo. I'm super new to LiPOs so this smart system has been super nice for me. The stuff just works. No balance leads, it's all integrated with smart chips so storage charging is easy and lots of great features.

Questions:
1. How much run time should I be expecting from these batteries, generally. I know there's factors that can come into play to vary the run time, but in general what should I be expecting?

2. The battery charge indicator on the receiver seems go down super fast. Like within just a couple of minutes I'm down to 1-2 lights indicating 25-50% battery charge left. This doesn't seem right to me but wanted to check with the larger group of people.

3. What is the single best upgrade to make? Is it a new servo, ESC, motor, receiver/transmitter? Aluminum parts? I've only driven it once and went through one set of batteries and maybe got 15-20 minutes of run time. Or maybe to ask another similar question, what parts on these fail the fastest?

Thanks for reading!

~Lalo

First, it's nice to see such an active forum and awesome members from what I can tell by briefly running through some posts and doing some searches. Nice community!

Second, what an absolute ripper these trucks are. I just picked up the 1/7 INFRACTION 6S BLX V2 ALL-ROAD TRUCK RTR, BLUE and some general questions for anyone who might know.

I also picked up the SMART G2 POWERSTAGE 6S SURFACE BUNDLE: 3S 5000MAH LIPO BATTERY (50C) (2) / S2200 G2 CHARGER combo. I'm super new to LiPOs so this smart system has been super nice for me. The stuff just works. No balance leads, it's all integrated with smart chips so storage charging is easy and lots of great features.

Questions:
1. How much run time should I be expecting from these batteries, generally. I know there's factors that can come into play to vary the run time, but in general what should I be expecting?

2. The battery charge indicator on the receiver seems go down super fast. Like within just a couple of minutes I'm down to 1-2 lights indicating 25-50% battery charge left. This doesn't seem right to me but wanted to check with the larger group of people.

3. What is the single best upgrade to make? Is it a new servo, ESC, motor, receiver/transmitter? Aluminum parts? I've only driven it once and went through one set of batteries and maybe got 15-20 minutes of run time. Or maybe to ask another similar question, what parts on these fail the fastest?

Thanks for reading!

~Lalo

1.Get yourself some Tires.
2. Get More tires.
3. Get even more tires 👊😆

Enjoy the Power & Speed & Tire Smoke..

BUY tires, tires and more tires. GRP's are also worth looking into as an alternative to the Hoons. Many run them. And are a bit less $$$.
The stocker servo may be fine as this is an On road rig. Let it fail before running a DS3235 35 kg servo $32./AMZ. I run 8 of these in all my rigs.
Just drive it as is for now. Learn it well, How to drive it. Are you speed running or Drifting it or both?? This will determine what ugrades to go with down the road later on.
15-20 min run times is normal. Give or take. Don't pay any mind to the Smart Radios lipo Power lights. They are just fluff, and don't really tell you much at all. Or it will drive you crazy. So don't focus on it much. When the ESC goes to LVC, that is when the lipo is low enough on power, then stop and replace the pack. Make sure to rotate your tires every so often and check your wheel alignment and diffs. Out the box they are questionable. You want to get the most wear out of your tires as a set.
Good luck with your Infr.

Braqsquatch, welcome the Arrma Forum. It is awesome to have you here!

1). Run time is going to vary on your driving style, environment, mods, etc., so a "definite" runtime is kind of like trying to catch smoke with a strainer. 5000mAh should get you 10-15mins, but if you're ham fisting it, going WoT and drifting, you might see 7-8 mins. Again, this is more of a ballpark and "your mileage will vary".
2). The charge indicator (assume you mean on the Tx (transmitter)) is a rough estimate at best. Again, refer to my runtime answer and you'll see why you only have a few LED's lit after a few minutes of running.
3). "Best" is subjective, but if you've got a handle on how to control your r/c (which I'm going to assume you do), then the best upgrade might be something that helps you achieve or further your goal with your vehicle. Are you looking to just hoon around and have fun? Looking to do high speed runs? Either way, there are tons of threads and people on this forum that will help guide you. Remember, no question is too silly for this lot.

Great alternative as price goes.
I just wonder if anyone has "chanced" doing speed runs well into the 130 mph's with them. Because High speed tire blow outs at those speeds will cost you much more $$$, than you saved with these $28. Choons. ( Hoon knockoffs):giggle: Been there.
People don't even trust hoons past 100 mph. I think the choons are just as good as the hoons. Infact I've had hoons blow apart and it's not happened with choons yet. :ROFLMAO: It's actually really surprising how good they are considering the price. If they made felony rears I'd never buy a hoon again.

I don't trust my Hoons either. I was just wondering. I just don't see how they could be any Better for the price. That's all. :unsure: I am scared to try. :LOL: I totaled out my Lim twice due to Hoon blow outs. And that was just at 100mph.:giggle:

The single best upgrade? To my mind, probably the bearings. The factory bearings are trash and wear out pretty quick, even with regular maintenance. Pick up a full complement of replacement bearings. You don't need to go full retard with ceramic hybrids (though I do prefer them personally if funding isn't an issue), a good quality set of steel bearings will do just fine.

The Infraction is remarkably durable for an on-road vehicle, I haven't really broken much of anything on mine. Skip most of the aluminum "upgrades", as most of it is just bling that has the added disadvantage of removing flex from areas that need it, thereby transferring the stress to the next component which, in all likelihood, will then break. There are a few aluminum bits that make sense for certain applications, but generally speaking, the Arrma composite material does its job well.

GRPs I think are way better than the Hoons. They last longer, have better grip and cost less.

As you drive the car more, you may find yourself gravitating towards competitive endeavors like drag, speed running or maybe just bashing at higher speeds, at which point you'd probably want to consider the one or other upgrade at which point there are lots of us that will be happy to advise on how to proceed in addressing a particular issue. But until then...honestly, I think the Infraction as it comes out of the box is a great rig.

Welcome to the forum Laio, great to have you aboard (y)

Runtime - 8 min is usually what I get drifting and full throttle runs
Upgrade - leave it stock, hard to imp[rove this one
In case you didn't get the message, buy tires :ROFLMAO: GRP and Choons for the win.

Toss that silly Hand brake fluff. If you have the V2 Infr that is. The hard core guys realize it just makes the chassis more bloated than it needs to be.
The HB execution is lame as well and just eats up BEC overhead, just sitting there with idle amp draw, and unused. Why jeapardize the ESC? :unsure:
Play with it for now. This is all new to you.. Once the novelty wears off, just rip it out, that HB completely. (y)
I will get flamed by some for suggesting this. I know. Just me.:ROFLMAO:

hahaha. I've got like 5 sets sitting here. 2 of the Gold and I think 3-4 sets of the GRPs in the mail. If there's one thing I've learned while researching, is that this thing eats tires.
Rookie numbers I have between hoons and Grps. Over 100 tires 😀
Failures
Motor mount screws strip
Servo will fail and sometimes takes the ESC with it

Toss that silly Hand brake fluff. If you have the V2 Infr that is. The hard core guys realize it just makes the chassis more bloated than it needs to be.
The HB execution is lame as well and just eats up BEC overhead, just sitting there with idle amp draw, and unused. Why jeapardize the ESC? :unsure:
Play with it for now. This is all new to you.. Once the novelty wears off, just rip it out, that HB completely. (y)
I will get flamed by some for suggesting this. I know. Just
I removed the handbrake from mine a week after I got it skandi flick power drift is the way to go

Failures
Motor mount screws strip
Ya ….
I couldn’t begin to imagine the number of used , hoons, choons , and GRPs I’ve used …
Like it’s a bunch !!!!!
But I’ve kept them all
Might get a pic and a count sometime…
I favored the white hoons in the beginning…..
But the price is frikin stoopid!
Then started running different GRPs
Mostly S7
Then the choons came out and I’m not as impressed as I want to be with them .
IMO the GRPs are the best bashing , smoking, black mark leaving tire , available.
My .02

BUY tires, tires and more tires. GRP's are also worth looking into as an alternative to the Hoons. Many run them. And are a bit less $$$.
The stocker servo may be fine as this is an On road rig. Let it fail before running a DS3235 35 kg servo $32./AMZ. I run 8 of these in all my rigs.
Just drive it as is for now. Learn it well, How to drive it. Are you speed running or Drifting it or both?? This will determine what ugrades to go with down the road later on.
15-20 min run times is normal. Give or take. Don't pay any mind to the Smart Radios lipo Power lights. They are just fluff, and don't really tell you much at all. Or it will drive you crazy. So don't focus on it much. When the ESC goes to LVC, that is when the lipo is low enough on power, then stop and replace the pack. Make sure to rotate your tires every so often and check your wheel alignment and diffs. Out the box they are questionable. You want to get the most wear out of your tires as a set.
Good luck with your Infr.
Good stuff. Appreciate it!
Awesome. Thanks much!

Braqsquatch, welcome the Arrma Forum. It is awesome to have you here!

1). Run time is going to vary on your driving style, environment, mods, etc., so a "definite" runtime is kind of like trying to catch smoke with a strainer. 5000mAh should get you 10-15mins, but if you're ham fisting it, going WoT and drifting, you might see 7-8 mins. Again, this is more of a ballpark and "your mileage will vary".
2). The charge indicator (assume you mean on the Tx (transmitter)) is a rough estimate at best. Again, refer to my runtime answer and you'll see why you only have a few LED's lit after a few minutes of running.
3). "Best" is subjective, but if you've got a handle on how to control your r/c (which I'm going to assume you do), then the best upgrade might be something that helps you achieve or further your goal with your vehicle. Are you looking to just hoon around and have fun? Looking to do high speed runs? Either way, there are tons of threads and people on this forum that will help guide you. Remember, no question is too silly for this lot.
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Right now I'm just getting used to it. Hooning it up a little. I realized that at 100% throttle it was a little spooky here on my neighborhood streets so took it over to this little place and just hooned around a bit.

Accidentally ran into a pole and bent the front splitter and bumper. Parts ARA320515, ARA320520 and maybe more! hahaha. So I've got those on order.
The single best upgrade? To my mind, probably the bearings. The factory bearings are trash and wear out pretty quick, even with regular maintenance. Pick up a full complement of replacement bearings. You don't need to go full retard with ceramic hybrids (though I do prefer them personally if funding isn't an issue), a good quality set of steel bearings will do just fine.

The Infraction is remarkably durable for an on-road vehicle, I haven't really broken much of anything on mine. Skip most of the aluminum "upgrades", as most of it is just bling that has the added disadvantage of removing flex from areas that need it, thereby transferring the stress to the next component which, in all likelihood, will then break. There are a few aluminum bits that make sense for certain applications, but generally speaking, the Arrma composite material does its job well.

GRPs I think are way better than the Hoons. They last longer, have better grip and cost less.

As you drive the car more, you may find yourself gravitating towards competitive endeavors like drag, speed running or maybe just bashing at higher speeds, at which point you'd probably want to consider the one or other upgrade at which point there are lots of us that will be happy to advise on how to proceed in addressing a particular issue. But until then...honestly, I think the Infraction as it comes out of the box is a great rig.

Welcome to the forum Laio, great to have you aboard (y)
Solid. Thank you.
Get a temp gun if you don't have one yet. Might be as nessasary right now. But come summer it would be a good idea to at least know how hot things get after a pack.
Great idea. Just ordered one.
Runtime - 8 min is usually what I get drifting and full throttle runs
Upgrade - leave it stock, hard to imp[rove this one
In case you didn't get the message, buy tires :ROFLMAO: GRP and Choons for the win.
I'm detecting a trend of more or less keeping it stock.
I will get flamed by some for suggesting this. I know. Just me.:ROFLMAO:
Fair. I'll get used to the truck and HB for now. I already know I can drift this thing around without one. But it has acted a panic break more than a few times already! These things are pretty fast out of the box!
Failures
Motor mount screws strip
hahaha. Man that's a lot. Guessing you have tons of batteries and miles on yours.
Ya ….
I couldn’t begin to imagine the number of used , hoons, choons , and GRPs I’ve used …
Like it’s a bunch !!!!!
But I’ve kept them all
Might get a pic and a count sometime…
I favored the white hoons in the beginning…..
But the price is frikin stoopid!
Then started running different GRPs
Mostly S7
Then the choons came out and I’m not as impressed as I want to be with them .
IMO the GRPs are the best bashing , smoking, black mark leaving tire , available.
My .02
Solid. Good to know. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

Questions:

Thanks for reading!

~Lalo

Welcome to the fam!

The Infraction 6S v1 was my first rig! They said tires...cannot disagree.

Runtime - I am like @jkflow. I only get 7-9min of run time. Like him, I am a full-throttle drifting fool...full speed slides/drifts in an empty Target parking lot or similar, so there is tons of room. After 7-9min I rotate the tires front to back, but they are about 60% done at that point. If I complete the second run without rubber flying off the tires, I eat'em. That was not the case when I first got it....but I am over the nervous jitters now, LOL

Weather, temp, and surface you bash on play a lot in what tire to bash. In some cases, Hoons do good and then GRP. It takes some studying for me to know which tires to pull. I seek out new asphalt and smooth lots I do not bash on the stuff that has breaks and cracks on the surface. Warehouse locations are great...similar to what YT'er JayTee does, and so do I.

Best upgrade for me since I am in the hot delta of the south and killer humidity. FANS... damn good fans. Cannot speak for the guys up north, but here in the summer the ground melts. I would hit thermal cut-off in 5min in how I bash. With Game Changer fans, making your own 40mm tall lipo powered fans, or https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/ fans I use now to replace GC fans, I can complete a full bash and no thermal cut-off.

All the above posted is valid....heat killed my fun for all my rigs until I stepped up fans for the hot south.

Bash on and enjoy!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back