High end esc and motor upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good answer but I was gonna recommend this even if you said a Nero.

MAMBA MONSTER 2 RETRO YES SIR DO I EVEN NEED TO EXPLAIN MYSELF?!?!??!!?!!?!

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/monster-v2-retro-1-24sw-sold-as-is-010-0108-98

Edit it's out of stock. Was in stock a month ago. Damn what a shame ?. To be fair this was totally unnecessary because even a normal MM2 would be wasted by using only a 4074 motor.

Guess you could just go max8?

Orrrr buy a normal MM2 and run a CASTLE 1717 ?

Clearly I'm awful at recommending esc's. At this point castle doesn't have offerings that aren't overpowered for that motor. Except the sidewinder 8th, but it's a ripoff right now.

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/monster-v2-retro-1-24sw-sold-as-is-010-0108-98

Edit it's out of stock. Was in stock a month ago. Damn what a shame ?. To be fair this was totally unnecessary because even a normal MM2 would be wasted by using a 4074 motor.
I'm not really going to be doing speed runs though so I don't think I will utilize that esc to its full potential.

I'm not really going to be doing speed runs though so I don't think I will utilize that esc to its full potential.
Edited the reply so many times before you posted that comment LOL. Anyway, maybe a tekin rx4? I've always wanted to see one in action.

Retro's and 1.24 programmed MMM's aren't really only for speed runs, their tune and no limiting in current is what makes them sought after. That's why I was sad when my MMM blew. I have my mxl-6s (MM2) hacked to version 1.24 so it has no current limiting feature and it's just like old times. So much better this way!

Then again I'm cooking motors and roasting batteries pretty hot. I mean that's probably the reason why these are the only esc's to ever exist with such a tune.

Edit it's out of stock. Was in stock a month ago. Damn what a shame ?. To be fair this was totally unnecessary because even a normal MM2 would be wasted by using only a 4074 motor.

Guess you could just go max8?

Orrrr buy a normal MM2 and run a CASTLE 1717 ?

Clearly I'm awful at recommending esc's. At this point castle doesn't have offerings that aren't overpowered for that motor. Except the sidewinder 8th, but it's a ripoff right now.
It showed in stock the other day when I looked at it.
I found a Max8 esc for $119.99 or the MM2 for $121.26
I have program cards for both.
Most of my rcs are powered by Hobbywing already.
:unsure:

Well I mean a mamba monster 2 would rip a max8 every day of the week including a Wednesday. Also who uses a programming card for castle? Weakkkk! Castle link is the best thing that ever happened to me ?.

Tuning upon tuning upon tuning. I'm a castle guy because I like how they program their esc's but i gotta make it clear I'm a castle guy of 5 years ago. The most modern esc I like is the sw8. MMX and mamba X really aren't anything special. It's the MM2 and older that are the true great systems. THAT SAID BUY IT!

Edit: besides, then you can upgrade to a 4092 if you ever need and still have a ton more motor to throw at that esc.

Edit2: I mean, I don't blame you if you go max8, but realize 3 dollars is separating you from an esc of a whole different caliper of capability and programmability.

Last edited:
Well I mean a mamba monster 2 would rip a max8 every day of the week including a Wednesday. Also who uses a programming card for castle? Weakkkk! Castle link is the best thing that ever happened to me ?.

Tuning upon tuning upon tuning.
Yeah I meant the Castle link, my ex gfs dog ate it but I can still connect to my pc. Now I need to remember where I put it.

Woot $119 before coupon($111.81 with tax after coupon) https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDAXB

Last edited:
Yeah I meant the Castle link, my ex gfs dog ate it but I can still connect to my pc. Now I need to remember where I put it.
Lmao I'm dead.
You know what you'll also have to find a way to mount it. I'll take a picture of the contraption I used in my revo tomorrow morning but you could just use rpm's cage. Your MM2 should come with a free certificate for one by the way.

Lmao I'm dead.
You know what you'll also have to find a way to mount it. I'll take a picture of the contraption I used in my revo tomorrow morning but you could just use rpm's cage. Your MM2 should come with a free certificate for one by the way.

Ew gross the programming card. (Also then fact that programming card still works is something special)

Where's your link at? Those cards barely scrape the surface of what you can mess with on link.

Ew gross the programming card. (Also then fact that programming card still works is something special)

Where's your link at? Those cards barely scrape the surface of what you can mess with on link.
It has a usb port to plug it into the pc.

But are those the only functions you can change? Or does it give you the full castle link even though you're using the card?
Nope I can change whatever can be changed in the software.

Oh ok that's good. Firmware updates and all? Seems like you have no reason not to go castleee
Yup. Well the MM2 is about $8 cheaper than the Max8 so that sounds like the best bet.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back