High end esc and motor upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hye

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I'm looking to make my beast outcast and/or kraton into a super beast! I want to upgrade esc and motor to still run 6s without overheating. I also would like to have a system that doesn't need me to check temps like my stock system. I've seen tekin rx8 with 2050kv but most run it on 4s. I see many talk about Leopard 40x82mm 1600KV motor with HW esc. I've read about the mamba monster x combo overheating with 6s.

Let me know where I'm wrong. Tell me what you have experienced. Set me up right! ;)

Last edited:
Just had my center diff take a poop today running on 6s doing speed runs with the tekno 12t pinion down my street with my kraton. I was playing around doing wheelies. The planetary gear chewed into the diff housing. A few days ago my outcast's rear diff planetary gear broke in half. The pin that holds it in place was in pieces.

I've been trying to by shims to "bullet proof" diffs and can't find parts. Now I have to take parts off one to fix the other. I haven't ran more than 5 packs in either truck. I've ordered parts from last month and still waiting for them to go into stock.

This experience has got me thinking real hard. Is 6s the way I want to go? I don't mind breaking things that I put stress on. Fixing these trucks is easy. But not finding parts is driving me nuts! No shims, no gears, no diff housing, and no backflips. One of my tires got water in it and ripped.

I've watched vids on the tekin xr8 and smc 1900kv motor. They were doing flips on demand in air and standing backflips running on 4s in mt410. Would this combo also work for me in outcast? I also like the xerun plus esc because it's water proof.

Someone help me pls.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.PNG
    IMG_0245.PNG
    870.2 KB · Views: 92
That motor you linked to is only 69 mm long. I believe the stock motor is 72 or 74 mm long. When it comes to brushless motors, the bigger the diameter and the longer the motor is directly relates to how much power it will have.
Having said that, I would recommend finding something longer and/or larger diameter than the stock motor. Maybe look into 1/5th scale electronics if you don't want to worry about heat. Your drive train likely won't last longer than 1 or 2 runs though.

image.jpg
That motor you linked to is only 69 mm long. I believe the stock motor is 72 or 74 mm long. When it comes to brushless motors, the bigger the diameter and the longer the motor is directly relates to how much power it will have.
Having said that, I would recommend finding something longer and/or larger diameter than the stock motor. Maybe look into 1/5th scale electronics if you don't want to worry about heat. Your drive train likely won't last longer than 1 or 2 runs though.
I just received the tekin rx8 gen 3 with the tekin t8 1900kv motor. I haven't taken out of box yet so it's still returnable. I went with this because it's what people run in the tekno mt410 on 4s and it seems to kick butt. I didn't realize the length of the motor mattered. I need to look into that more. Tyvm for reply. I've been on line for hours trying to figure this out.

Hey there, I think 5S is the sweet spot for these trucks. They can be geared reasonably aggressively, and even when bashing the crap out of my Talion the diffs have held up.... No shimming. Depending on the ESC, some don't like 5S... Stock you will need an external lvc alarm, but they cost just a few dollars to buy. I still plan to shim my diffs when I get my new set of bearings, but so far so good.

So what is a good motor upgrade solution I want to be able to get through one 6s maxamps 5450 pack in my notorious without having to take a 10 min break half way through the pack​

So what is a good motor upgrade solution I want to be able to get through one 6s maxamps 5450 pack in my notorious without having to take a 10 min break half way through the pack the motor hits temps right around 150 degrees after around 20 -30 mins of bashing and jumping​

I'm looking to make my beast outcast and/or kraton into a super beast! I want to upgrade esc and motor to still run 6s without overheating. I also would like to have a system that doesn't need me to check temps like my stock system. I've seen tekin rx8 with 2050kv but most run it on 4s. I see many talk about Leopard 40x82mm 1600KV motor with HW esc. I've read about the mamba monster x combo overheating with 6s.

Let me know where I'm wrong. Tell me what you have experienced. Set me up right! ;)
+1 on the MMX's overheating. Definitely why I stick with the mamba monster 2, it's all about the FET's. MM2 and MMM had 36 which is heaps more than anyone else of comparable size (hence their insane amperage capability) and for the MMX they reduced it to 30, so essentially it's equivalent to a hobbywing max8. Nothing bad at all, but just not really enough of an upgrade.

And as the guy said above who you quoted, yes, more size is more power. That tekin motor will be a little less powerful than the stock motor (I.e. run hotter if you try to gear it for the same speeds) That's why many run 4082 sized motors and 4092 sized. They're powerhouses, no matter which manufacturer you get. On most rc's it's easy to go longer so that's why many do, but really going wider is the best option, as it REALLY increases the power. A 92mm long motor vs a 74mm long motor of the same diameter will make roughly double the power. Then again, you're increasing the length by nearly 20mm. If you take a 36mm wide can (let's say a 3674) and compare it to a 4074 can, that 40mm can will be double the power, despite only gaining 4mm in diameter. I put a MM2 in my e revo because I plan to put in a 4582 oversized big block motor into it and that's the only esc of its class that'll be able to handle the amps. The others don't even come remotely close. The closest competetor besides the original mamba monster would be a hobbywing max6. Point is size matters.

Problem is I'm not sure the rx8 will handle the amps of a 4092. The MMX and max8 run a 4082 just fine (some max8's have some trouble) and from what I hear the tekin rx8 is about as capable as the MMX, so I'd grab one of those if you feel it's necessary.

Last edited:
whats the kv of the motor in that combo? 2200?
Yup. A max8 is really all a sane person would need to upgrade to. That alone is already a great esc and motor combo. The 6.5 bullets and thicker wires than the stock esc are really why it shines so much, especially the programming.

I'm working on sending the tekin system back. Xerun and ezrun are waterproof. For $20-$30 more I'm thinking going with xerun.
XERUN IS NOT WATERPROOF RUN FROM WATER.

I need to decide what esc I want to get to pair with my spare Arrma BLX 2050kv motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back