Vorteks High pitched noise from Arrma Vortex BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPB

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, forgive me as I’m new to the RC world. I recently purchased an Arrma vortex boost all all is running fine, so then upgraded and got the Arrma Vortex 3S BLX and I notice a high pitched noise when the car initially accelerates. Is this sound normal or do I need to adjust something? I’ll try and attach a video of the sound. Thanks

Attachments

• Vortex_sound.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 111
I cant open the video. Best to use a YT link.
Going to BLX from Brushed, the sound you hear might just be normal. High frequency pitch and all is synonymous with BLX motors and ESCs. If you never had experienced BLX RC's before...... This is assuming you set the gear mesh correctly.

I suspect that the noise in the video (I was able to download and open the .zip file) is normal. I think there's some motor cogging (the low-speed stuttering sound as it starts to move), and what sounds to me like brushless motor noise as it starts to spin faster. But, I don't yet have brushless experience with ground vehicles, so hopefully someone else can confirm.

Hi, thanks for the info, hopefully this link works.

Hi, forgive me as I’m new to the RC world. I recently purchased an Arrma vortex boost all all is running fine, so then upgraded and got the Arrma Vortex 3S BLX and I notice a high pitched noise when the car initially accelerates. Is this sound normal or do I need to adjust something? I’ll try and attach a video of the sound. Thanks
Can’t open the video. It’s seems best to download the video to YouTube and then copy/paste the link. Sounds like you may be describing the slipper in action combined with a bit of brushless motor noise and initial cogging. If the slipper is a bit loose it’ll tend to scream in a high-pitched whine. But I’m just guessing since I can’t actually hear it.

I was able to get it open. That is definitely the electric motor cogging. I have seen many different remedies from better batteries, changing the punch setting on the esc, slipper clutch adjustment, maybe even changing the gearing.

The batteries i’m using are 3S gens-ace-r-spam bashing 5000mah 60C. I’ll look up what punch settings and slipper clutch means As I’m new to all this.
thanks for the info, it’s much appreciated. I hear that some cars don’t come properly adjusted from the factory, but don’t know much to know if things are working as expected.

The punch setting is how fast the truck "responds" when you hit the throttle. The 3s blx esc's typically come set at 3 from the factory. Can go up to 5 being the highest and one being the lowest. And there are plenty of videos on YouTube to help you change that as well as adjusting the slipper clutch. I would think you're batteries are adequate enough so that shouldn't be the issue.

I hear that some cars don’t come properly adjusted from the factory,
Most cars don’t. There’s a whole slew of the pre run checks from topping off the differentials to checking the mesh, making sure all the bolts are tight and topping off the shock oil. They are put together on an assembly line, quick and fast.

Slipper clutch loose??
Nvm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back