High powered charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevys10zr2003

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I'm looking into getting another charger as my current Hitec X4 can't keep up with my now current needs. I am looking into the Hitec X2 700 as I want 2 or more channels to be able to charge at 30 amps minimum. I'm wondering if anybody else out there knows of any other high powered chargers that meet the criteria? A.C. or D.C. is fine either way. If I can find a 4 channel charger that is capable of 20 amps that would work great as well.

Last edited:
What is your budget @chevys10zr2003?
With the X2 700 and a homemade power supply I would be at around $300-350. If I have to spend more to get something that would fit better I would be open to that. Just need to work more overtime then. ;)

Hobby king has a 4 channel, 300w,20a per channel charger . I have the 2 channel version, love it.

My review-
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...urnigy-Reaktor-2x300w-20a-Unboxing-and-Review
Awesome. I will check it out. Thank you very much. Looking for high powered chargers is a lot more difficult. If I get a 30 amp 2 channel charger I'll parallel charge six batteries off each channel while if I get a 20 amp 4 channel charger I'll charge four batteries off of each channel.

I have a Power Lab 8 (PL8) and am very happy with it.
I also have a 47 amp power supply (DC).
This combination puts out 1300 watts.
They also cell a two Chanel charger if you need it.
It will charge two 6s 5000 batteries at the same time in under 16 min.
Or I can charge 5 1s 2200 batts in less than 15 min.

I have a Power Lab 8 (PL8) and am very happy with it.
I also have a 47 amp power supply (DC).
This combination puts out 1300 watts.
They also cell a two Chanel charger if you need it.
It will charge two 6s 5000 batteries at the same time in under 16 min.
Or I can charge 5 1s 2200 batts in less than 15 min.
I looked into powerlab and icharger but didn't really want to use greater than a 12v power supply. I ended up getting the Hitec X2 700 as the wattage/amperage is not limited by having 12 volts.

This is THE place for big boy chargers (sorry lhs):

http://www.progressiverc.com/
That's where I ordered my parallel leads and balance leads from but they didn't have a 12v charger as powerful as I needed. But the service and help through email was excellent. I definitely would recommend them.

That's where I ordered my parallel leads and balance leads from but they didn't have a 12v charger as powerful as I needed. But the service and help through email was excellent. I definitely would recommend them.

Take a look at the icharger 308 duo. Double check this, but I am pretty sure it will work with 12 or 24v. If you get creative with the power supply it should be able to fit your budget.

Take a look at the icharger 308 duo. Double check this, but I am pretty sure it will work with 12 or 24v. If you get creative with the power supply it should be able to fit your budget.
You need 24v to get the full power. Maybe my next charger will be an icharger. I already bought the hitec so I am going to keep using it. I was also trying to save a little money after buying a senton, typhon, kraton, 1/16th e revo vxl and converting my hpi Baja 5B SS to electric all in the last 6 months. Lol so I need to get my wallet caught back up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back