Typhon High Speed Gearing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
This is probably a dum question but hear it goes? Arrma tells a person only to run high speed gearing on hard surafaces, like for instanse 50/20 gearing! Anybody out there run that gearing combo for bashing in the dirt, etc? If so let me know! I would rather go 70 bashing in the dirt than 50!

High speed gearing is extra load
high friction surface is extra load
too much load is a burned motor/esc

You could increase your gearing in small steps and validate if your motor/esc temperatures stay within acceptable terms.

Don’t do it I did two cc 1717 1650 motors done one a wire melted off make that two and a fire esc on my lim I would speed run and bash

Don’t do it I did two cc 1717 1650 motors done one a wire melted off make that two and a fire esc on my lim I would speed run and bash
I am curious how you managed that. I'd consider a CC 1717 1650 motor a serious upgrade. Did you only upgrade the motor kept using the spectrum esc? Else you would have to put some serious gearing on your car to make the wire/esc melt (twice)

70 is way too fast for bashing would'nt be able to control it off road and would break the thing all the time

I am curious how you managed that. I'd consider a CC 1717 1650 motor a serious upgrade. Did you only upgrade the motor kept using the spectrum esc? Else you would have to put some serious gearing on your car to make the wire/esc melt (twice)
Gearing was tall 46/33

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back