Outcast High speed pinion (included one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok so i got my brand new outcast a couple days ago and it is freaking amazing!! It isnt only my first Arrma but my fist brand new truck i have ever had in the 10 years i have been playing with rcs. i have had it out and about and its just a blast. but the question i have is i read the warning about the high speed pinion (altho i wouldnt call the stock pinion slow by any means lol). i did some searching on the forum and found a post about it that didnt recomend using it for anything other that a few speed runs, but that post was 2 years old. my question is can i run the bigger pinion for normal bashing? I know they improved a lot of things on the v3, i wasnt sure if people were using the bigger pinion more with the upgrades on the v3. i don't want to shorten the life of my electronics by a ton but im huan so ofcourse i wanna go as fast as possable lol. i know putting more strain on the electronics will shorten there lifespan but i don't want to drasticly shorten it, like i don't want to run this pinion and burn up my esc or motor in 2 weeks lol. well thanks in advance guys. i hope you all have a great day!!!

yes you can but just to be safe keep a eye on temps. Im running a 18t on my typhon with 2.2 badlands tyres bashing in the grass and its fine. but i started out with the stock and slowly went up in pinions checking temps as i went to find out the 18t now is as far as i would go on mine

Running the arrma "speed" pinion will b fine as long as you keep an eye on your temps. And I would recommend just buying a tekno or rr pinion with the same tooth count because the factory arrma speed pinion is known to be weak and often shear off teeth. But other then that I would just go up 1 tooth at a time until you find what best fits your bashing needs.

If you run in high grass, be careful it will heat up quick. I run a 14 tooth that seems to work well in grass.

I am running a tekno 17t and my temps stay at 160. Running 6s 75c I do have fan but if your temps stay under 190 in my experience not really a issue. Guess depends on your driving style. I check my temps frequently though never hurts to know your within safe operating parameters.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back