Vorteks High Speed Vortex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy1124pr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Voltage
I just got a ARRMA Vortex roller over the weekend, i'm planning on preparing it for speed runs. My goal is to reach at least 60mph. The roller had both metal shock towers as well as the chasis support braces, RPM front Bumper, custom whellie bar and 12mm metal hex. I ordered a Castle Creations Side Winder SCT Edition with the 3800kv 4 Pole Castle Motor, a 22g servo, 54T HD 35dp Spur, Robinson Racing 20T 35dp Pinion. I planned to order the Alumminum steering component but still haven't decided on wich tires. I tried to put my Granite tires on it to test fit but run into clearance issues on the front. I know by a fact that I can run 2.8 tires on the rear but still looking for something for the front. I will be running on 3s LiPo battery and are leaning towards the Duratrax Bandito or the Proline Prime tires. any guess on what tire set up will work the best for this purpose?

Just decided on the Duratrax Bandito 2.8 ST in the front and MT on the Rear. Don't know if it will work but they sure will look good. XD

Update.

Put evething together and slap a 3s lipo 30C discharge rate and went for ride. The thing put about 40mph not even at half throttle before i got creative and pull the trigger completely, immediately it took off and blew both tires of the rim. I think with a long clear street it can go over 70mph. Will be trying to hit three digits on this thing from now on.

Tried some DBoots Cooperhead and they didn't do to well, both tires just exploded at around 50mph. I will be getting foam tires since this will be an On Road car only, don't want to expend the money on the Bandito tires and mess them up. Let's see if I can go past 50mph on foam tires.

Got the Foam tires (Speedtreads Antic) but they don't handle the surface I run in well, the rc start sliding sideways as soon as I give it more than half the throttle. I'm still stuck at 5Xmph, thinking about getting rid of the Foams and get some GRP S7 or S5. Also I just got a 3500mah 75C 3s lipo, lets see what this thing can do.

I'm running a 4300kv 20t pinion, it needs weight up front. Wish parts were more available.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back