Kraton Higher voltage batteries??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that is a different company.
Raz has overall been a good thing for the speed side of the hobby. My only issue is that he says many things in a tone that conveys them as fact. Many times I disagree with things he says.... so my point is not everything he says is 100% right.

He is a businessman with his own agenda trying to grow the Perfect Pass brand. You have to sometimes look at it as opinions that might not always be true. Overall his builds etc are great learning for people.

He is a very nice guy having spoken with him on several occasions and did some business with him.
Thats an interesting point and Im glad you said it, because I find his pricing on his items ridiculous! I probably would pay for the launch control and pretty much that.

But £120+ for some titanium shafts or £191 for the rebranded aliexpress 56kg servo is a lot. However I do understand, he doesn't earn poop from youtube. 150k subscribers are not much to make money from.

Wouldn't bother with going out of your way to accommodate them for an RC truck. I have a few HV lipos, but I just run them at 4.2v max like the rest of my lipos. Theoretically, if you use a lipo that's meant to be charged to 4.3v per cell only at 4.2v max, then they should last even longer than regular lipos (that's my theory anyway).

If you need the extra voltage, which would give you a slightly higher top speed, then consider it. Otherwise, there are plenty of regular 4.2v max lipos out there that will give you just as good or better bang for buck.
I was wondering about the LIHV type not overcharging the ones I have. I don’t get into speed running cause I don’t have anywhere within 10 miles to run. I’ll just stay with 6 & 8s. You don’t know if you don’t ask. I’d hate to know I was leaving something good out. LoL

I was wondering about the LIHV type not overcharging the ones I have. I don’t get into speed running cause I don’t have anywhere within 10 miles to run. I’ll just stay with 6 & 8s. You don’t know if you don’t ask. I’d hate to know I was leaving something good out. LoL
Yeah, I was referring to LIHV batteries as well. I don't use LIHV to their rated 4.3v, i just charge them to 4.2v since I know they will last even longer. I'm using them on a experimental speed running vehicle, so I expect maybe one day i'll charge them up and try the rated 4.3v per cell.

Nothing wrong with asking, I asked a very similar question in the traxxas forum several years back about running my Summit on LIHV batteries. I was searching for longer run times. Most of the issues that people cited were compatibility issues. So like mentioned here, i suspect you'd also run into similar problems with the brushless variants (y) So I see your point about more power. But i think better batteries are the better route in the long term.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back